E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > My car is on a ship, but which one.... some help if you please.....

12-08-2006, 03:11 PM   #1
indian
Rep
Drives: 328xi Couple SG/Black/Alum

My car is on a ship, but which one.... some help if you please.....

Hi, I have ordered a BMW 328xi Coupe SG/Black/Aluminum, the last time I checked with Owners Circle it has been in the state of “En Route” for the last two days, the automated 1-800 number says “in-transit” and when I talk to the customer service representative thru the 1-800 number he says from what he can see on his system my car should be on a vessel on its way to the east cost.

The funny thing about this whole thing is from all that I have read on the BMW boards, since my car is to be delivered in Dayton, Ohio; it should use the “Wallenius Wilhelmsen” shipping line, when I go to the website and enter in my VIN, for the past 3 days it says, “No tracking information is available for the Cargo ID you entered”.

I have emailed my sales advisor and have not received a response yet, does anybody have any ideas. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2006, 03:51 PM   #2
SheerCouture
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i (On Order)

I'm in the same boat. Not literally but maybe? :-D
I don't want to call and bother my dealer so I'll just wait for the phone call that should go something like this. "Mr. Hadi, your vehicle has arrived."
WOOHOO! <~~~~ my response.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2006, 05:40 PM   #3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 18 F82 M4 ZCP Black/Black

Hmmm

The Walineus site seems pretty good, are you entering the vin under the auto cargo tracking or just cargo tracking? They seem to be the most reliable information people in the whole ordering to delivery process! Try auto cargo and if that doesn't work, the CA can tell you the boat you're on if you press him. It seems like a lot of the CA's just give pad "EnRoute" answers or even claim to not know what boat their on unless you squeeze them. I guess they can't be bothered for a measly $50k car! You might want to try the other shipping company listed in the ordering guide as well, I've not used that one since my car came to NY, but maybe they routed yours a different way or something. Good Luck
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2006, 06:24 PM   #4
freud.
Registered
Rep
Drives: motorized transportation

Does anyone have the link for the VIN lookup of shipping manifests? Also, how would one know what shipping line the vehicle is going to be shipped?
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2006, 07:19 PM   #5
DrDomer
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 330ci ZHP, 1999 Miata

Ask your dealer. Your dealer knows for sure what ship you're on. Mine is in transit on the Emden which is the Kline shipping company www.kline.com. You can track the Emden on the website below..

http://www.sailwx.info/shiptrack/shi...tml?call=3ERP5

It's supposed to arrive in Baltimore Dec 14th and Charleston Dec 16th. Maybe you guys are on there with me. Happy sailing!
      12-08-2006, 07:23 PM   #6
Biemdreamer
Ferris Bueller
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 328i

I think I know where your car is....

LIBERTY departed Bremmerhaven Dec. 5 with arrival in Port Charleston SC on Dec. 19. (This is the port for Houston cars - I think they overland from there. I think my 328 is on this ship.)

COURAGE departed Bremmerhaven Dec. 7 with arrival in Port Charleston SC on Dec. 24.

I hunted it down and located this at http://schedule.2wglobal.com/AppSchedules/portList.do

Hope this helps. And you thought looking forward and getting excited for 12/25 came to an end as a kid!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2006, 07:33 PM   #7
Biemdreamer
Ferris Bueller
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 328i

Talking UPDATE Now I know where my car is :)

UPDATE

I placed my VIN in the WW website Auto tracking and lo and behold what did my mightly little MacBook place before my eyes?!!!!!!

Products & Servcies
Supply Chain Management
Ocean Services
Inland Transportation
Technical Services

Contact Us Site Map Logoff

Home Products & Services Customer Centre Offices & Agents News & Features About Us

Track By Auto

Cargo Status History

Cargo Id : WBAVA335X7PXXXXX

Booking Number : Bill Number : DE541850

Vessel: LIBERTY Port of origin : BREMERHAVEN

Voyage : EB648-LIB Port of Destination : CHARLESTON,SC
Priority : Customer Ref. Nbr:

This information includes the status, status dates, and location of cargoes during transit with WWL and does not indicate availability of cargoes for delivery.

TRACK BY

Bill of lading number
Booking number
Customer reference number
Auto cargo
RoRo cargo
Breakbulk cargo

RELATED LINKS

Printer Friendly Version

Status Port Time(dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm)

LOADED ON VESSEL CHARLESTON,SC 04/12/2006 10:00
RECEIVED AT TERMINAL CHARLESTON,SC 01/12/2006 10:00
BOOKED CHARLESTON,SC 20/11/2006 10:00

© 2005 Wallenius Wilhelmsen Logistics
[Legal]
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2006, 07:41 AM   #8
IrvRobinson
Banned
Rep
Drives: X3

It's faster to just call your CA,they can look it up on Centernet.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2006, 08:16 AM   #9
indian
Rep
Drives: 328xi Couple SG/Black/Alum

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDomer
Ask your dealer. Your dealer knows for sure what ship you're on. Mine is in transit on the Emden which is the Kline shipping company www.kline.com. You can track the Emden on the website below..

http://www.sailwx.info/shiptrack/shi...tml?call=3ERP5

It's supposed to arrive in Baltimore Dec 14th and Charleston Dec 16th. Maybe you guys are on there with me. Happy sailing!
This is my VIN WBAWC33597PD06416, how can i find out if it is actually on the "Emden" ????

I went to their website, but could not find a place where i could input the VIN number........
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2006, 09:53 AM   #10
DrDomer
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 330ci ZHP, 1999 Miata

KLine doesn't have the option of looking up your VIN unfortunately. I talked to one of their customer support people via email, and they would only give you info if you were the person listed on the Bill of Landing. I found out what ship I was on when I asked my salesman.