E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > 330xi Dinan suspension reviews?

12-24-2006, 12:51 PM   #1
STiPilot
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i Coupe

330xi Dinan suspension reviews?

Hi all, I've done a lot of searching and have found very little actual feedback on Dinan suspension upgrades for the e90 AWD cars. Can anyone give me some feedback on how well the Dinan packages improve handling on the XI cars?

I don't want to get into a debate about RWD vs. AWD, but I will say that I'm a big fan of AWD performance. Despite what many people say around here, AWD is not just for snow, but better traction in rain and sometimes also in dry.

In the past 8 years I've had an AWD Eclipse GSX, WRX, and STi. At the urging of my other half, moved to a 330i w/sport suspension and while it's nice, it leaves me longing for my STi especially in the wet. (The DSC is a real fun-killer and gets shut off unless the family is in the car) I can only imagine traction problems gets worse with the 335. If I go 335 when my lease is up in 1.5 years, it'll have to be an XI, which I imagine current Dinan packages would hopefull be applicable to the 335.

TIA for any feedback you can provide!

06 CBR1000RR
08 FJR1300
08 335i Coupe 6MT/ Montego / Black / ZSP / Etc...
Appreciate 0