E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > Contemplating ED of E91 328xi

12-27-2006, 07:12 PM   #1
mgcman
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW MINI Cooper S

Contemplating ED of E91 328xi

Looking for those who've experienced ED recently. I'm in the market for a AWD wagon with 6spd. manual gearbox. Ain't nothing like this on any dealers lot, plus I'm going back to Europe this summer so methinks, hmmm maybe a time to try ED. Of the Bimmers, I'm definately smitten by the 328xi, and have test driven the E90 328xi with manual tranny, a similar vehicle albeit without the expansive glass canopy and raised rear roof. I've even speced out my ED ride (secret until I order). But I have a few Qs for those who are experienced.

Q1: Which are the best ports in northern Europe for dropping off your vehicle in contemplation of an East Coast delivery?

Q2: I pick up in Munich, but can drop off in some 14+ ports throughout Europe, does Lufthansa offer a NYC - Munich, Amsterdam - NYC type deal, or must I return to Munich for the flight home? (note: I used Amsterdam as an example, but any of the drop off ports would suffice).

Q3: two week's free insurance is included in the ED package, Anyone had to use it? Is it sufficient?

Q4: Anyone calculated a cost per mile of European traveling? Interested as gasoline is so damned expensive in Europe, and I can't get a diesel Bimmer for at least another year.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2006, 10:35 PM   #2
will@longbeachbmw
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M Coupe

What if I told you I could get you one?

PM me what options you are looking for - if you wanna give me at try - I might be able to get my hands on one
Appreciate 0