E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > For those who ordered their E90/92...how long is the wait?

12-28-2006, 01:21 AM   #1
wj4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 manual 335i

For those who ordered their E90/92...how long is the wait?

Several dealerships are saying that it takes around 8 weeks for the whole process.
I just want to hear from you folks how long did yours take. I've searched and found one theard here, one there, but I wanted to have one thread to compare altogether.
A friend of my friend ordered her white e92 2 weeks ago, and she says that she's getting it in about 3 weeks. That would mean it's ony 5 weeks for her?!

Thanks, folks.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2006, 01:33 AM   #2
pierre_wei
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: Apine white 335i

i ordered mine on 11/17...it will arrive at port at 1/4...and they told me i will get it around 1/12....long waittttttt.....

got my car at 1/10/07!!!!
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2006, 01:41 AM   #3
user1
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 01 330ci; 07 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4
I've searched and found one theard here, one there, but I wanted to have one thread to compare altogether.
Did you really search and read any of the threads the search found? My search found two great threads with all the info in one place about the order timeline. So why do we need another thread with all the info in one place? The threads I found are in the e90Post 'New Car Ordering + Tracking Information Forum' - imagine that

There is a poll about how long the process took for current owners http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39614 (cant get more concise than that) and an Order Timeline survey that is very specific (look at where the contributors are from and you can see how long it will take for your region - west or east coast) http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34663 .
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2006, 01:53 AM   #4
wj4
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
So why do we need another thread with all the info in one place? The threads I found are in the e90Post 'New Car Ordering + Tracking Information Forum' - imagine that
Oops, I have a habit of searching through only one section of the forum. Thanks for the links
And if everyone were to use the search button, all car forums would be no longer than 3 pages long, heh
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2006, 02:07 AM   #5
user1
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4
And if everyone were to use the search button, all car forums would be no longer than 3 pages long, heh
There will always be new things to post about so no worries about a 3 page long forum
Too many insufficient threads dilute a forum and make it harder for those using search to find the quality threads with useful information.

BTW, hope those links help. I prefer the Order Timeline thread since the contributors break down every step in the process with dates. Depending on time of the order and dealer allotment an order can range from 5 - 12 weeks with the average being 6-8 weeks.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2006, 02:11 AM   #6
wj4
Major General
United_States
Rep

The order timeline is a great tool, but there was only a few people who actually voted, lol. Less than 10 I believe. The reason I even made this thread was that the dealership is trying to make it up to me from their screw up by putting in a 'rush' order and said that it would take a month and a half max, I'm not sure if they're bs'ing me or not.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2006, 02:32 AM   #7
user1
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4
The order timeline is a great tool, but there was only a few people who actually voted, lol. Less than 10 I believe. The reason I even made this thread was that the dealership is trying to make it up to me from their screw up by putting in a 'rush' order and said that it would take a month and a half max, I'm not sure if they're bs'ing me or not.
The order timeline is not a poll thread. The order timeline was the other thread with about 50 people posting the breakdown of dates for each part in the order process. The order timeline thread I think is the more useful one (second link in my thread above).

I dont know your exact mess up, but 6 weeks is possible if the dealership has an allotment/production number just about to go into production and they change the details of that order to your specs. So it is possible. If you read the Order Timeline thread there are some that have ordered at the perfect time and their dealer had cars that werent spoken for going into production. Those people got an ordered car very fast.

Last edited by user1; 12-28-2006 at 02:54 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2006, 02:42 AM   #8
wj4
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I dont know your exact mess up, but 6 weeks is possible if the dealership has an allotment/production number just about to go into production and they change the details of that order to your specs. So it is possible. If you read the Order Timeline thread there are some that have ordered at the perfect time and their dealer had cars that werent spoken for going into production. Those people got an ordered ar very fast.
I made a thread about my vent on the situation on this section also, lol.
But to make it short...
-Last week, went to dealership, hammered out a deal
-Car wasn't at that dealership, but they said they can get it no problem. Car was at dealership that was about 50-60 miles away
-They asked me to put a grand down for deposit, which I did
-Scheduled the date to be Wednesday (today) to do the trade in
-Because of the rush time line, I spent Xmas eve and Xmas putting my car back to stock, only to get a call from the dealership the night before, saying that they can't get the car because the other dealership won't give it up.
-Now I'm pissed off because I've done everything on my part of the deal, but they didn't
-They want to make it up to me by ordering an exact car to my spec and honor my trade in value they would've given for my car now, when I trade it in upon arrival of my car.

That's pretty much it, lol.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2006, 02:50 AM   #9
user1
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4
But to make it short...
-Car wasn't at that dealership, but they said they can get it no problem. Car was at dealership that was about 50-60 miles away
-Because of the rush time line, I spent Xmas eve and Xmas putting my car back to stock, only to get a call from the dealership the night before, saying that they can't get the car because the other dealership won't give it up.
-Now I'm pissed off because I've done everything on my part of the deal, but they didn't
-They want to make it up to me by ordering an exact car to my spec and honor my trade in value they would've given for my car now, when I trade it in upon arrival of my car.

It sounds like your situation is unique. In which case the question you originally asked will not give you the answer you seek. It doesnt matter how long most poeple are waiting as you are possibly getting a status 111 vehicle.

Get your production number (on the printout from the dealer) and call BMWNA to get the latest update on the status of the build. See the sticky thread in the 'New Car Ordering + Tracking Information Forum' named the Ultimate Order Guide for info on checking on your order. Then read the Order Timeline thread and pay attention to the shipping dates/times for people in your region (west coast is different than east coast). With info from BMW NA on when the car is scheduled to be in production (or complete prod) and info from the Order Timeline thread you can figure out roughly if the car will be there are promised. Your situation is unique so its possible you will have a shorter timeline than most other people.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2006, 03:06 AM   #10
user1
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4
But to make it short...

BTW, I would be very nice to this dealership as it sounds like they are bending over to make you happy for a problem that isnt their fault. The other dealership not wanting to give up a car is common. Especially for such a hot selling car like the 335. Its not your dealerships fault the other dealership backed out. Its also not your dealerships fault you had so many mods that you spent a day(s) putting your car back to stock. And yet they are seemingly doing everything possible to make you happy. This sounds like a great dealership to do so much. They could just have easily sold a 335 to many others wanting these cars and forgone the hassle of your rushed purchase needs.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2006, 03:10 AM   #11
wj4
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Its also not your dealerships fault you had so many mods that you spent a day(s) putting your car back to stock.
I could've put the car back to stock that same day, but they required more time to acquire the car. They actually wanted to make the deal at the end of the week, but I had until Wed., in which I was not occupied.
I have a feeling that one of the reason they're being so nice to me is because I came in with a buddy who is interested in the M6 they have on the showroom and he is willing to pay cash. If they don't treat me good, I know they fear that they will lose the M6 sale as well.
Thanks for your input, user1
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2006, 03:20 AM   #12
user1
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4
I could've put the car back to stock that same day, but they required more time to acquire the car. They actually wanted to make the deal at the end of the week, but I had until Wed., in which I was not occupied.
I have a feeling that one of the reason they're being so nice to me is because I came in with a buddy who is interested in the M6 they have on the showroom and he is willing to pay cash. If they don't treat me good, I know they fear that they will lose the M6 sale as well.
Thanks for your input, user1
Sounds like you may owe your M6 friend a beer. I'm glad I could help. You are definitely in a unique situation but the BMWNA 800 number and adding up the shipping times should give you a good estimate of wait time. Your dealer probably isnt lying to you as it would make him look bad if the car doesnt show up on time.

On a side note my dealer told me a story when I was ordering about trying to get another dealers 335 for one of his customers. The other dealer wanted one of my dealers M5 allotments in return for the 335. Obviously this deal didnt go through and my dealers customer had to order a 335 (like you except my dealer had a waiting list so its a much longer wait). Just goes to show the 335s are hot cars right now and dealers are holding on to them since its known they sell fast & for good profit.
Appreciate 0