BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Sup guys/gals!

09-06-2005, 10:29 PM   #1
e9tee
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: ///AMG C36

Sup guys/gals!

Just wanted to drop in and say sup to all you people...I saw a few e90's on the street and decided to go take a closer look at it the dealer and... ....well...i almost got one ...I think I still need lots of guidance from the forum. And looking at your pics has only made me want it more!!! ...thanks for all the great info...and I think you'll be seeing more of me!

Appreciate 0
      09-06-2005, 10:59 PM   #2
Nikki
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sepang Z4MC

hello, welcome to the board!

buy an e90!

Appreciate 0
      09-06-2005, 10:59 PM   #3
deutschmann59
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

Hi e9tee! Welcome! Any questions, feel free to ask!
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2005, 11:16 PM   #4
puck724
COLTS 4 LIFE!!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
you will become addicted to this board. a lot of good people with good answers. they will also flame you every now and then too. haha...remember the search function is your friend.

welcome aboard matey!!
      09-06-2005, 11:44 PM   #5
e9tee
Taiwan
Rep

danks ya'll...gotta admit my noobness to the forum...I need to apologize first for coming up with some noob/ questions my "somewhat" limited time to get my e90...but I will seach as much as possible before coming up with requests...

damn..the new e90 is hot! ...I'm looking at something "more basic" that what many of you have...

(I'm also considering the 05 C230 Kompressor or 06 C280 *runs and hides* )...

...for those of you who also thought about the C-class..what made you choose the E90? (new body style? price? options?)...thanks!
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2005, 11:46 PM   #6
Nikki
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by e9tee
(I'm also considering the 05 C230 Kompressor or 06 C280 *runs and hides* )...

...for those of you who also thought about the C-class..what made you choose the E90? (new body style? price? options?)...thanks!
haha i HATED the c-class when I drove it. Are you getting a manual tranny? If so, avoid the c-class!!!!!!

here is what i said about it in another thread, lol, just so i don't need to repeat my hatred...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki
I always dreamed of having a C-class. Had to be RED. It seemed to be the ultimate girly luxurious snob car and I had to have it. My dreams came crashing down when I finally drove one last year. I drove the C230 sport sedan and it was absolute CRAP-----CRAP CRAP CRAP...I'm sorry if anyone here had/has one, but I hated it. It has a lovely interior, exterior styling is eh, could be updated, but the killer was the manual tranny, it was more like a chore to shift that clumsy thing than a thrill like the BMW manual. You just don't buy a MB with a manual, period.

If you want a boring luxurious automatic tranny car, the MB is nice. For a fun, sporty, yet luxurious car-get a BMW.

Appreciate 0
      09-06-2005, 11:47 PM   #7
sunchild
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330i

i was in the same position as you 1 week and 3 days ago. except i was also looking at the C32 AMG and the 05 C230 6 Speed Manual and the 06 C280.

It's a choice you have to make, you just got to drive those cars and no forum talk will reassure you better than driving them for yourself.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2005, 12:02 AM   #8
e9tee
Taiwan
Rep

Quote:
haha i HATED the c-class when I drove it. Are you getting a manual tranny? If so, avoid the c-class!!!!!!

here is what i said about it in another thread, lol, just so i don't need to repeat my hatred...
Thanks for your input! ...na...I'll be getting the automatic. I want the wifey to enjoy it too, plus I work in Los Angeles, and the traffic is known to be the one of the worst in the U.S , but I kinda wanna be able to kick back and just step on one pedal not have to shift all the time...but I will will miss driving stick. But kinda like what u said... "the MB is more of the "boring" luxurious automatic tranny car, the MB is nice..." u got a good point
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2005, 12:08 AM   #9
Nikki
Major General
United_States
Rep

Yes, for an auto, the MB is a very nice luxurious classy choice. Besides the manual tranny, the only think I disliked was it's outdated design, especially compared to the newly styled 3. They're redesigning the C-class in 2007, so buying now might not be so great if you want what's new and hot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by www.edmunds.com
What We Know: Mercedes plans on redesigning the entire C-Class lineup for the 2008 model year with new sedans, coupes, wagons all coming out within a year or so of each other. Underneath the surface of these redoubtable middlemen in the company's lineup, we will see a lot more component-sharing with other upcoming Mercedes' models, namely, the redesigned E- and S-Class, as well as the new X-Class small SUV. Take a good look at the S-Class when it debuts at the 2005 Frankfurt Motor Show in order to get a good idea of where Mercedes is heading with the C-Class design. The sedan versions of the C-Class should make their way to the U.S. first, starting in the second half of 2007. Versions of the car will be available with a choice of rear- and all-wheel drive, along with a variety of four- and six-cylinder engines. Mercedes might even sell a diesel version of the car in the U.S., and a V8-equipped AMG model can surely be expected.

Appreciate 0
      09-07-2005, 12:24 AM   #10
e9tee
Taiwan
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunchild
i was in the same position as you 1 week and 3 days ago. except i was also looking at the C32 AMG and the 05 C230 6 Speed Manual and the 06 C280.

It's a choice you have to make, you just got to drive those cars and no forum talk will reassure you better than driving them for yourself.
the C32 is incredible...I test drove one yesterday..an 02 with 35k miles...don't know if all C32's (kompressor/supercharged) have a horrible lag for a split second before becoming a beast... I'm quite surprised, cuz my friend's C43 becomes a beast without hesistation...

I'm gonna keep it minimal so probably a more base 06 325i Auto or 05 C230 Kompressor SS(last year for Kompressor (K) engine on the non-AMG C's)...but i'm really liking the standard equipment and new body style on the E90's, but since the C230K is 05, I should be able to get a better deal...ahhhhh decisions, decisions
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2005, 12:47 AM   #11
e9tee
Taiwan
Rep

Quote:
Yes, for an auto, the MB is a very nice luxurious classy choice. Besides the manual tranny, the only think I disliked was it's outdated design, especially compared to the newly styled 3. They're redesigning the C-class in 2007, so buying now might not be so great if you want what's new and hot.
Ya...I hear ya there too!...But luckily for me...I'm alright with the older models...actually I'd really love to have a low mileage C36 or 500E...but those are long gone...

oh...did I say that I really love the E90!!!....the commercial for the NEW 3 just came up on TV...and it said that all scheduled maintenance is FREE???...and it listed (what I can remember) oil change, timing belt, etc....= $0....wow..that's inticing...I didn't catch the mileage/# years this FREE scheduled maintenance is for...where can I find the info (before I get flamed )
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2005, 12:50 AM   #12
theclay
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '06 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by e9tee
Thanks for your input! ...na...I'll be getting the automatic. I want the wifey to enjoy it too, plus I work in Los Angeles, and the traffic is known to be the one of the worst in the U.S , but I kinda wanna be able to kick back and just step on one pedal not have to shift all the time...but I will will miss driving stick. But kinda like what u said... "the MB is more of the "boring" luxurious automatic tranny car, the MB is nice..." u got a good point
Steptronic is perfect for life in L.A.
Welcome.
      09-07-2005, 12:54 AM   #13
puck724
COLTS 4 LIFE!!!
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
its 4 year/50,000 miles i beleive. there is also the extended warrenty of 6 year/100,000 miles. the price of the extended sometimes depends on the dealer.

no worries no flames yet, that was your "get oout of jail free" card
      09-07-2005, 02:18 AM   #14
Nikki
Major General
United_States
Rep

yes, the BMW comes with free maintenance, MB actually just cancelled their free maintenance plan a few months ago.

Appreciate 0
      09-07-2005, 07:15 AM   #15
davinet78
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: bmw e90 320d

Garage List
hi welcome to the board, the more you search the board the more you will want an e90
so get one now, cos dont leave for tomorrow what you can do today
      09-07-2005, 11:45 AM   #16
puck724
COLTS 4 LIFE!!!
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by davinet78
cos dont leave for tomorrow what you can do today
thats what i told my parents when they got mad at me for spending all my money on a car....
      09-07-2005, 12:00 PM   #17
CMD
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Smile

One thing that would really help me decide is if the car had the word "Kompressor" on it anywhere. If it did, I wouldn't even consider owning it. But that's just me.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2005, 01:41 PM   #18
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMD
One thing that would really help me decide is if the car had the word "Kompressor" on it anywhere.
That's what that whole de-badging thread was about. Uh, oh, now I said it. DE-BADGING!!!!!
Appreciate 0