ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Suspension and Braking Chat
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

08-13-2010, 05:10 PM   #1
Diokaef
Engineer
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235I 2015, 335i 2011

Garage List
2008 Z4M Coupe  [6.33]
Alcon Big Brake kit Z4M

Anyone running their brakes or have experience with it?

http://www.uucmotorwerks.com/

They have 20% off until 08/16
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2010, 05:21 PM   #2
Thisisdudewhoru
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16 BSM 340i

I'm sure its uber badass as with all their kits.
      08-14-2010, 06:02 AM   #3
hansaysso
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 07 Z4MC, 93 RX7 FD3S

alcon's....i'd love to have a set. they are in the same league as brembo and no where near something like k-sports
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2010, 11:36 AM   #4
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Z4 M, X5, GX460

Garage List
i just put on a set on my car, non-m 3.0si coupe. install was ehhh... first time around rob sent the wrong brackets. part numbers were right but his shop fabricated to wrong specs. so car's on stands, one wheel off, pull off rotor, oem caliper, lines, cut dust shield... only to find out nothing fits. put everything back on, and ended up wasting 1.5 hrs to do a brake flush. my friend and i attempted the install on saturday so we had to wait till monday morning to call uuc to let them know what's up. they were skeptical at first and thought it was a bad attempt of an installation. after verifying i received all the "right" parts, i send him the brackets for inspection.

he sends me a ups ground label to ship back. it takes 3 days for them to get back brackets. another 2 days for him to try the installation on 1 of their cars. 1 day for me to get confirmation. and then another 4 days to send it back via ground. 2 weeks later i finally got the kit on. everything went on flawlessly. total install was 1.5 hours for both sides and brake flush w/o bleeder.

moral of the story, before you pull off the oem calipers, test fit your bracket. also make sure he sends the right and correct number of washers as mine were missing. luckily i asked him to resend a hardware kit the 2nd time around but the washers he originally provided either didn't fit and/or were missing. the instructions sucked and were only good for torque specs. even the diagram did not match up to the car. i had to go by the picture he sent when confirming the new brackets actually fit to see the orientation of the brackets relative to the rotor.

overall, very annoyed that he chose to have everything shipped via ground even though it was his mistake. imo he should've overnighted parts and the very fact that i had to wait 2 weeks, he should've at least remedied the situation by giving a credit or something (maybe free tranny mounts?). nothing. great parts, medicore service. don't get me wrong, rob is a nice guy but this was not the experience i had in mind when i bought these brakes. if the price for stoptechs were the same as these, i would've gone that route.
Attached Images

Last edited by 3002 tii; 08-19-2010 at 09:19 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2010, 11:40 AM   #5
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Z4 M, X5, GX460

Garage List
and btw, their 15~20% sales come around pretty frequently so don't feel too urged to buy now. i bought mine for 20% off as well last month.