E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > is it worth getting the extended free maintenance plan?

08-26-2010, 10:49 AM   #1
evotwelve
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW E90

is it worth getting the extended free maintenance plan?

My car is a CPO 07 328i, it has the 100,000 warranty already. When I bought the car it still had the free maintenance plan. That is coming to a end in November, I just got my car serviced and my front brakes replaced. The service lady told me I can extend the maintenance plan 2 years or 50,000 miles for about $2,100. For the owners with cars that no longer have the maintenance plan, is it worth getting? If I do get, then I will keep the car at least another two years. I want to get my money's worth if I do spend that extra money to get this plan.

Also, would it be cheaper to try and buy it through another deal, then shelly bmw?

Last edited by evotwelve; 08-26-2010 at 12:33 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2010, 12:54 PM   #2
bm3sofla36
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 AW

i dont remember paying $2,100 it was more like $1700 but I dont think it's really worth it. It's good incase you need something like new brakes or an oil change..but they only give you ONE oil change a year and depending on how much you drive this might not be enough. Brakes are expensive though, so IF you have the money i would do it. Everything thats gone wrong wit my car has not been a maintenance issue. I say the engine warranty would've been more worth it.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2010, 01:17 PM   #3
evotwelve
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW E90

I have the engine warranty that comes along with my CPO warranty. Which is covered up for another 2 years (i believe) or 100,00 miles. My front brakes were just replaced, so I don't have to worry about those. The service lady told me I do need my rear brakes replaced but they won't do that till other 3 months, or some crap like that.
Appreciate 0