BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

09-12-2010, 02:03 PM   #1
FredBro
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2007 X3

My Intrduction

First off I want to introduce myself and my stable of BMW's past and present.

I started life with an 85 325e, that car was life itself! Beige outside with a Saddle tan interior that would melt life's problems away within 5 minutes of getting in her. I used to drive around Boston with the sun roof open and classical music blaring I loved that car soo much, it forever hooked me into BMW's

Unfortunately, a stupid lot boy chasing his lot boy buddy delivering two cars to another dealership ran a stop sign and T-boned me, pushed the fender in front of the left rear tire in so much the entire tire was now outside of the body. An angry call to his insurance company got me a replacement 85 325e But black with a maroon interior. His name was Lancelot and finally succumbed to failed valve seals

I then came into a 94 325iS, Red, and that tan interior again! ( I AM a sucker for the tan interior) Her name is Guenevere and I've had her for a long time, she currently has 143,000 miles with a rebuild of the auto tranny at 135k.

She's getting a lot of rot and it's time to say good bye to her.

I'm looking at a 2007 X3 with the Premium and Cold weather packages (I DO live in New England!) plus Nav!

It also has Invision SL Series DVD headrests. Anyone have a manual for them?

I went down to the dealership (40 miles away) to look at the vehicle The body has a lot of stone chips on the hood. Which on a black car is not good, so I told the salesman If the truck didn't have so much cosmetic issues, we would be talking! Thanks, but no thanks. And walked.

A few hours later I send a small email that said Thanks for taking the time to show me the vehicle and I was sorry that it had so much cosmetic issues, was there anything that could be done?

Well, They responded that they were also disappointed in the quality of the detailing they had done and were going to have the small dings taken out on Wednesday, They already had an appointment to do that anyway and would also wet sand the other scratches but would wait until they got the OK from the person that bought the car (what the heck does that mean?) And would I give them a second chance to earn my business.

So I'll write back to them and tell them I could come and take a second look, But they need to really bring their "A" game. I'll keep you posted!

Fred
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2010, 04:20 PM   #2
jo-e90
Private
Rep
Drives: WO

If it is A/T - Run: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=262130

or Have a nice long talk with the previous owner and test drive it for a week.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2010, 10:29 AM   #3
mil1032
Mil1032
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW X3

Good Luck. I recentlly purchased a 2006 X3 and like it alot.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2010, 05:43 PM   #4
FredBro
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2007 X3

Bought it!

I signed the P & S agreement. I take delivery next Saturday. Hey, does anyone know if you can "transplant" the multi CD player from a 94 325iS into the 2007 X3?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0