E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Battery Cable Rail Part Numbers?

09-14-2010, 10:52 AM   #1
techlogik
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i Dravit Grey

Battery Cable Rail Part Numbers?

JB has their install video that shows it real well at the 1:25 mark.

Looks like some joker broke the clips on the battery cable rail, so not only is the carrier clips broke, but it appears there are some other clips under the fiberglass tray that need to be replaced too?!?!

http://www.burgertuning.com/jb3pnp.html

See link above and 1:25....anyone who has done a piggyback knows what I am talking about. It appears to attach at the same location the flex wire harness attaches also under the tray.

Someone broke the clips, then to attach it, decided to put a screw from above right down through the firberglass tray into the battery rail plastic to secure it in place from above...ridiculous...giveaway somebody screwed with the car for sure.

I emailed Tischer and hope maybe they know...but I was wondering if anybody knew the parts/diagram and what was required to order to fix this correctly.

Thanks
      09-15-2010, 12:41 PM   #2
techlogik
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Update, the part circled in this photo, there is a female part it attaches to maybe that is part of the cable bundle for the ECU wiring?!?!:

09-15-2010, 12:51 PM   #3
techlogik
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Edit...see below.

Last edited by techlogik; 10-18-2010 at 12:42 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2010, 02:30 PM   #4
techlogik
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Here I will answer my own question for you in case someone wants to know.

Due to some guy who owned the car before me (or dumb tech at dealer) the 3 plastic attachment clips that the battery cable rail attaches to the fiberglass lower filter cover were broken.

Not only was the cable rail piece broken, but the femail piece it attaches to on the cover. One screw from above the cowl/cover through the cable rail held it in place. After ordering two parts, I realized that I still didn't get the right piece. The cable rail is correct, but the entire fiberglass tray (lower filter cover) needs to be replaced, because the other clips that hold the battery rail and the ECU cabling rail holders attach to that piece and are built into it...there is no repairing or just replacing a couple of plastic piece unfortunately.

Cable duct:

http://realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?...28&hg=12&fg=31

Part# 12527534161

Cowl:

#9 in this updated link.

http://www.bmwpartsunlimited.com/par...agramCallOut=9

Total cost was maybe $100+, that included a $20 cable duct holder I didn't need...so around $100 to fix my situation. $80 for the lower cover alone.

Anybody that has a piggyback tune may need to find/know this info since it easily could get broken while putting the tune in/out. This way, you can ensure any suspicious parts the dealer sees look new!

Good luck. Now I am not so worried about going to the dealer...but that never stopped them from voiding a warranty anyway. haha...

Last edited by techlogik; 05-14-2012 at 09:51 AM..
Appreciate 0