E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > BMW Dealer Reviews + Ratings Forum > Dealers - South Florida - Tampa Bay Area

09-12-2005, 09:04 AM   #1
noclueatall
Registered
Rep
Drives: Honda

Dealers - South Florida - Tampa Bay Area

I am looking to purchase a 325i in the near future and was just wondering what kind of deals people have gotten in the South Florida area. I have read a lot about 500-1000 over invoice deals, but haven't had a very good response from the dealerships at this price. Anyone have a good experience that they could share in this area and in this price range? Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2005, 02:57 PM   #2
cdheaven
I'm Starving , So I Guess You Are What You Eat
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

i shopped a little bit between vista in coconut creek and lauderdale imports in pembroke pines. i went with lauderdale imports, and im happy. what im paying is no secret. maybe it should be?
325i 2006 sprakling graphite with black leatherette
navi, bmw assist, power heated front seats, xenons, check my signature for whatever else im forgetting
i put 1,437 dollars TOTAL out of pocket. that included first month.
i pay 560 something dollars(tax included) per month for a 24 month lease with 10,000 miles a year.
if that sounds like something that might interest you. contact me, and i will refer to my salesman.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2005, 08:51 PM   #3
florinus
Rep
Drives: 325i

I personally havent been impressed with lauderdale bmw of pembroke pines. The first advisor I spoke with on my first visit seemed a bit clueless about pricing. I told him I wanted to take a test drive in a manual 325. Of course they didnt have any available so he promised to call me. Days passed and on a whim I decided to stop by. Well they had 2 that day so I took a ride with another advisor. The next day I get a call from the orIginal guy. Seems that his memory kicked in when we made eye contact. Long story short...3 advisors with similar reactions when I say the word "invoice". either "whats that?" "whats the difference or huh?"

The second CA named "Bill" went through the whole bmwusa site building my car (same as Ive done about 100 times) Racked up all my options and somehow with quick fingers marked up the msrp by 1k. He didnt see me notice but he so wonderfully gave me a $1550 discount. LoL Basically thats when I walked away.

So I decided to try again but via email...I chatted with a guy named "Les" who agreed to my quote...I told him I would be in the next day at 5 to put down a deposit. Got there at 515..a bit late.
I waited 2 hours to see him and in the end I was handed over to the First guy I dealt with. Needless to say I was not happy. Luckily he was able to enter numbers correctly and come up with the proper msrp. He agreed to 1k off msrp.

I told him I was speaking to "phil" at vista and would get back to him. Vista was only gone shave another 100 off so it wasnt worth it for me.

End of story, I decided to do ED and purchase out of state with a CA that doesnt think I am ignorant or isnt himself.

cant beat a better deal with a trip and experience you wont forget
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2005, 10:45 AM   #4
cdheaven
I'm Starving , So I Guess You Are What You Eat
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

sorry you had a bad expierence. i dont think i will ever buy a car without being recomended by someone. i went in there and my salesperson was expecting me and he knew who referred me, and the guy that referred me already has a 545 fully loaded that he got from him and hes like number 2 on the waiting list for the m6. so im sure i got SOME sort of vip treatment. i hope
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2006, 08:50 PM   #5
fun2drive
BMWCCA 149159
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13 128i Vert/ 14 JGC Diesel

I purchased my M3 CPO from Reeves in Tampa. I dealth with a Bosnian chap that was first rate. Great price and absolutley no issues or hassles. Everything ready to go and in good order. I recommend dealing with these guys....
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2006, 08:21 PM   #6
trurace
Private
Rep
Drives: 335i ON THE WAY

I went to Lauderdale BMW (off of US1) when I was looking to buy a 330i, but I didn't buy it cause I found out the 335i was coming out. The dealer was VERY VERY nice. A friend of mine refered me to them. The only complaint I had was he was going to make me pay full MSRP for the car!!!!!! I am going to go to them when I am ready to order my 335i.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2006, 01:09 AM   #7
bmwexecutive
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by trurace
The only complaint I had was he was going to make me pay full MSRP for the car!!!!!!
Well that's a big ass complaint --- one that would definetly steer me away from the dealership no matter how nice they are. I don't care if they got me a hammock and fanned me with a big feather ---- Unless it's an M, I would never pay MSRP on a car.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2006, 02:52 AM   #8
trurace
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwexecutive
Well that's a big ass complaint --- one that would definetly steer me away from the dealership no matter how nice they are. I don't care if they got me a hammock and fanned me with a big feather ---- Unless it's an M, I would never pay MSRP on a car.
True, but I was fairly new to the car buying thing. So I didn't really know there was room for negotiating. I am sure they would have given me a discount. When I buy my 335i I am definitely not going to pay full MSRP
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2006, 08:34 AM   #9
Ghenges
Rep
Drives: Shopping around.

While we're on the topic of price then, what would be a fair asking price for an '06 330i considering the 335 is right around the corner the it's already August? $1000 over invoice?
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2006, 11:13 AM   #10
trurace
Private
Rep

^^^ I think somone posted earlier that BMW is not taking anymore orders on the '06 330i, but you might be able to find one off of the lot.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2006, 01:53 PM   #11
MAZNG
I found Jesus...He was Hiding behiind my Sofa
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 MW F82

John Swier at Lauderdale BMW. PM me for his email address. Top notch adviser. Was dealing with Braman and Vista... (as we had purchased from them both in the past). Both gave me the run around and even tried changing our specifications to suit their stock.

Anyway, contacted John through their website. Told him what I wanted, he found an incoming car with our specs, gave us $1,200 off MSRP and beat the other dealers deal by $300.

He made the experience so smooth, kept me informed of the progress of the car, made an easy appt for us to pick up the car, gave us some goodies, got our new tag, went over the details of the car, and still had us in & out within an hour the day of delivery.

Already looking forward to buying the E92 M3 from him next year.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2006, 07:18 PM   #12
scubajag
Scuba-JAG
United_States
Rep
Drives: Jet Black 2006&07 B.R. E-92

In the St. Pete - Tampa area I have dealt with Bert Smith BMW/Porsche, and my CA was Brant Baker. He is the one to go to in this area.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2006, 09:07 AM   #13
dmfitz82
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Jet Black 325i

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
^^ That's the same dealer that I ordered my '06 325i from... Pretty good service... gave me a loaner since my order has been taking longer than anticipated...
      08-04-2006, 07:04 PM   #14
Ninjaneer
Shadow Warrior
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 335i Sedan

Thumbs up Reeves in Tampa

At Reeves I'm working with Ali Attia (like Prince "Ali" from Aladdin ) and he's a great person, straight up honest CA, good friend of mine. He's in the pre-owned BMW section but he can work with you on anything you want, both new and used (and not just Bimmers)

I was ready to get into an '06 3 series and I test drove a 325i and 330i with him to figure out what I wanted. Ultimately, I looked into the 335i and placed my deposit for it He took my request and is staying in touch about some questions I had emailed him.

Just ask for Ali when you visit or call! He'll take care of you

*** Edit / Update: I learnt that if you get your car from elsewhere, but go to Reeves for service, they won't hook you up with a loaner car so you'd be on your own to arrange a ride or wait there. So you might want to bear that in mind or verify it if you plan to go to Reeves for all your service needs.

On another note, the Sarasota and Ocala dealerships gave me nice quotes via Internet inquiry without much hassle for a new 335i Sedan. Might be worth checking out too, but beware of different dealer fees and new/transfer tag/title fees. I got nice quotes but ended up sticking with Reeves cos of the other dealers' jacking up these prices, and I was able to get a better deal at Reeves... great service there and they take care of their customers.

Last edited by Ninjaneer; 08-10-2006 at 09:23 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2006, 10:06 PM   #15
AM335
Go Gators!
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Garage List
2007 335i E90  [0.00]
I went to Reeves to check out the 335i. Good looking building, but the sales staff, at least the day I was there was terrible. I might give them another opportunity, but I will ask for Ali and hopefully get some great sales help. Not giving a loaner for vehicles not purchased there sounds like a bad policy to me. My Infiniti dealership has always given me a loaner upon request regardless of where I purchased my Infiniti. Again, something to consider when selecting a dealership to build a relationship.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2006, 10:19 PM   #16
ZuerstBMW
¡Viva España!
Rep
Drives: 2023 230i Mineral White

I purchased my cat at REEVES and my SA was Roman. Very nice man. It was overall a very pleasant experience for me.
      03-30-2008, 09:40 PM   #17
hayabusa55
Private
Rep
Drives: 07 335i Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fun2drive View Post
I purchased my M3 CPO from Reeves in Tampa. I dealth with a Bosnian chap that was first rate. Great price and absolutley no issues or hassles. Everything ready to go and in good order. I recommend dealing with these guys....
Is that guy still there? I think I met him a while back and talked to him about Z4s as they just came out!

Amir?
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2008, 04:47 PM   #18
slant83
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAZNG View Post
John Swier at Lauderdale BMW. PM me for his email address. Top notch adviser. Was dealing with Braman and Vista... (as we had purchased from them both in the past). Both gave me the run around and even tried changing our specifications to suit their stock.

Anyway, contacted John through their website. Told him what I wanted, he found an incoming car with our specs, gave us $1,200 off MSRP and beat the other dealers deal by $300.

He made the experience so smooth, kept me informed of the progress of the car, made an easy appt for us to pick up the car, gave us some goodies, got our new tag, went over the details of the car, and still had us in & out within an hour the day of delivery.

Already looking forward to buying the E92 M3 from him next year.
+1
      11-20-2008, 11:58 AM   #19
1clean335i
Perf BMW mag issue 147, 159
Vietnam
Rep
Drives: Project Estoril

Garage List
Another vote for Reeves
      11-20-2008, 02:31 PM   #20
Poderes1
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 335i

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [0.00]
2006 BMW 325xi  [0.00]
Take it from me, Ernie Rodriguez is the best SA in Lauderdale BMW of Pembroke Pines. He will take great care of you plus he will give you a couple of free goodies as he did with me. Tell him that Oscar referred you to him.
08 E92 335 i AW/CR, Alum Trim, Prem & Sport Pkgs, Step w/Paddles, Nav, 3M 20% tint all around, Passport 9500i radar, JB3 v2.0 with USB, Matte Black Grills, RPI Ram Air Scoops, OSS Full Blackout Angels V2, LED Turnsignals and sidemarkers, Helix V2 Stepped Front Mount Intercooler, Bastuck Quad Exhaust, Custom rear valence, Forged 1 Eight Deep Concaves Coral Red/Matte Black centers and Gloss Black Barrels 20x8.5f and 20x10.5r
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2008, 02:43 PM   #21
RMA
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i M sport coupe

Garage List
Deal with Roger Balan at Reeves (great guy to work with) he has been in BMW for 5 years or so.
      01-07-2009, 05:57 PM   #22
SDW335
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW Drei-Reihen

Here are my experiences:

- bought a 3-series coupe in 2004 in Sarasota (Southpointe BMW) - Painful process, but in the end I got what I wanted!

- bought my 335i coupe also at Southpoint, same salesperson and less BS this time. Paid sticker even though they were looking for dealer premium - 11/06 delivery - was at dealer when it came off the truck - one of eight and seven were pre-ordered!!

- bought my wife's car from Reeves - Frank Mandarino was the sales person and both he and the dealership were good. I tried to give him the business on my 3-sedan last week, but....

- Fields BMW in Lakeland totally BLEW that deal away. $100 less per month than Reeves ( sorry Frank...maybe next time! )

Lastly, I ALWAYS have my vehicles serviced at Bert Smith...Period! Natalie Swain in the best service advisor I've ever worked with.

/// Note - I've not had an opportunity to purchase from Bert Smith, and thats only because they don't ever seem to have what I'm looking for at the time in inventory. However, I'm always treated like their best customer when I go in for service.

Good luck!!
Appreciate 0