E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > E93 - Comfort Loading

09-16-2010, 09:37 AM   #1
stevenross
General
Rep
Drives: a ride

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
2008 BMW X5 3.Slow  [0.00]
E93 - Comfort Loading

would anyone by chance have a picture of the comfort loading feature, or maybe someone with their trunk full with the top down in the E93?

thanks in advance
Steven
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2010, 10:04 AM   #2
Kevin Harney
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i Convertible

HUH ?!?!?! what in the world are you talking about ?!?!?!? I would be happy to take you a pic if I knew .... Comfort loading is when the top is put half way up so that you can load the trunk ....
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2010, 10:23 AM   #3
stevenross
General
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Harney View Post
HUH ?!?!?! what in the world are you talking about ?!?!?!? I would be happy to take you a pic if I knew .... Comfort loading is when the top is put half way up so that you can load the trunk ....

kev would you have a picture as to what that looks like? or would you have any pics with your trunk loaded with the top down... i am curious as to how much it can hold?
thanks in advance
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2010, 11:17 AM   #4
cloakster
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 VW GLI

Found a thread on the same question with really good pics: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=157449
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2010, 11:29 AM   #5
stevenross
General
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloakster View Post
Found a thread on the same question with really good pics: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=157449
thank you very much
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2010, 02:52 PM   #6
Kevin Harney
Captain
Rep

yeah i was suprised how much i could actually get in there with the top down. The space in the back of the trunk is huge and I looked at several hard top convs before buying and trunk space was a major concern for me. BMW won that part hands down to all the rest. trunk is well designed and useful.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2010, 02:55 PM   #7
Kevin Harney
Captain
Rep

I have a VERY large soft suitcase. Size of a full size hiking pack. and it fits no problem with other stuff to boot.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2010, 02:57 PM   #8
Kevin Harney
Captain
Rep

raining here but I will take pics later if you still need them.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2010, 02:59 PM   #9
stevenross
General
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
raining here but I will take pics later if you still need them.
kevin if you could it would be great.. thanks in advance,

just wanted to make sure that it would work for our use.. i have a 3 month old and first i wanted to make sure that i can fit a child seat back there, i think i have a grasp on that, and next i wanted to make sure the trunk has some sort of function with the top down...

Steven
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2010, 03:01 PM   #10
Kevin Harney
Captain
Rep

yes it definately does. you have to close the top to load and unload most anything of any real size but it can swallow a lot of stuff and then put the top down afterwards.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2010, 03:02 PM   #11
Kevin Harney
Captain
Rep

comfort load does not take as long as the full top close either.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2010, 03:54 PM   #12
captainaudio
World's Foremost Authority
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Cab - Cayenne GTS - Jag XK
Location: Upper East Side Manhattan - Boca Raton FL - Lime Rock CT

BMW makes a very nice fitted luggage set for the back seat of the E93.

CA

Drivers Club at Lime Rock - International Motorsports Research Center - Society of Automotive Historians - Madison Avenue Sports Car Driving and Chowder Society (0nly a VP) - BMWCCA - Porsche Club of America - M Gruppe - Polish Race Drivers of America (PDRA) - Glen Club (Watkins Glen International) - Jaguar Club of Southern New England
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2011, 10:34 AM   #13
kelly32578
Registered
Rep
Drives: sweet ride

How does this actually work?

Quote:
Kevin, I know this is an old thread, but I can't find any BMW sales people that understand what you've explained here about the comfort loading feature.

Would you mind telling me exactly how you activate this feature and what options are required to receive it's benefits? I'm in the market for a luxury convertible and am quite intrigued by this feature.

For instance, I can imagine that your answer might say something like this:

You must have the Comfort Access feature and you merely push the lower right hand button of the four blue buttons on the remote when the roof is in the trunk and your standing back there at the trunk but want a little better access for storing something beneath the roof while retracted.

Is this correct?

If yes, why do you suppose this is something that escapes so many sales people and that the BMW website doesn't properly highlight?

Thank God for Forums and enthusiasts.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2011, 12:25 PM   #14
JRJ1970
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 428i F32

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly32578 View Post
Kevin, I know this is an old thread, but I can't find any BMW sales people that understand what you've explained here about the comfort loading feature.

Would you mind telling me exactly how you activate this feature and what options are required to receive it's benefits? I'm in the market for a luxury convertible and am quite intrigued by this feature.

You must have the Comfort Access feature and you merely push the lower right hand button of the four blue buttons on the remote when the roof is in the trunk and your standing back there at the trunk but want a little better access for storing something beneath the roof while retracted.

Is this correct?

If yes, why do you suppose this is something that escapes so many sales people and that the BMW website doesn't properly highlight?

Private message me your email address and I can send you a video of this feature.
      09-10-2011, 03:41 PM   #15
Frenk
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: e92 328i X-Drive M-Sport

How come 335 has less space than 328 ?
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2011, 07:57 PM   #16
mr_milo
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E93 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly32578 View Post

Is this correct?

Here is how it looks.

If you go to the BMW website here you can download the 2011 owners manual. At the end of page 28 it starts to describe the "Convertible: convenient loading" function and the instructions end on page 29. It says to basically, briefly press the trunk open button, then within one second, press it again and hold it, and the top will open part way, and the trunk lid will then pop open. After you're done, you close the lid, and press the open button again to fully open the top.

Hope this helps.

P.S. It's shocking to hear the BMW sales people don't know about this.

Edit: Oops missed one question..... Yes, you must have the Comfort Access feature to get the convenient loading feature. Although, people have been successful coding in the option, if your into that. Personally I wanted Comfort Access solely to get the convenient loading feature, but now I'm VERY HAPPY to have Comfort Access.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2011, 09:34 PM   #17
stevenross
General
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
thank you very much for the reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_milo View Post
Here is how it looks.

If you go to the BMW website here you can download the 2011 owners manual. At the end of page 28 it starts to describe the "Convertible: convenient loading" function and the instructions end on page 29. It says to basically, briefly press the trunk open button, then within one second, press it again and hold it, and the top will open part way, and the trunk lid will then pop open. After you're done, you close the lid, and press the open button again to fully open the top.

Hope this helps.

P.S. It's shocking to hear the BMW sales people don't know about this.

Edit: Oops missed one question..... Yes, you must have the Comfort Access feature to get the convenient loading feature. Although, people have been successful coding in the option, if your into that. Personally I wanted Comfort Access solely to get the convenient loading feature, but now I'm VERY HAPPY to have Comfort Access.
'08 X5 3.Slow / Saphire Black Metallic on Black - Retained
Appreciate 0