E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Getting things out of numerous service problems?

09-16-2010, 06:57 PM   #1
BrakeDust
Rep
Drives: SG e90

Getting things out of numerous service problems?

In the beginning of the summer, my speakers suddenly stopped working. No big deal, brought car to dealer, replaced speakers everythings fine. Only thing not working was the ipod, it would come in with bad quality and terrible static. Called them back, brought the car in, said they fixed it, when they really just put in a new adapter. Didnt work again. Third time back they reformatted car, didnt work, but we had to bring the car back because we used it the next day. Now that that service manager is fired (i wonder why) We brought it back for the fourth time and its been there for 4 days now.

This is besides the point. Just wanted to say this is ridiculous. Anyone had to go through this? Was anyone able to get anything out of it? I feel like i should be getting some sort of consolation ( for lack of a better word) for having to go through this. Any input or stories?
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2010, 06:59 PM   #2
Tee212
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: yes

Garage List
2010 335  [8.00]
Curious can one lemon a car due to audio issues? or it has to pertain to drivablity? My usb/mp3's seem to turn off and on when it wants to.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2010, 08:49 PM   #3
chromisdesigns
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i sedan

It's not ususual for programming problems to keep one of our cars out of service for several days. It takes most of a day to do a complete reprogram, and it doesn't always "take" -- sometimes they notice the failure and keep the car to redo it, sometimes it's something subtle, and you have to take it back again (and again...). Blame the complex and sometimes conflicting programming. If they had to test everything, they'd probably keep the car for a week just testing it.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2010, 11:06 PM   #4
linlaoboo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 07 328xi 6MT

call a lemon law lawyer, it's free anyways, they take their share from the settlement. It's not a matter of if u can lemon it or not it's how strong a case you can prove you got, i.e. how much use and value does it bring down . . days out of service, number of service attempts. 4 repair attempts won't guarantee you a win like the way the law misleading you to think the way its written. The lawyer will tell you to keep taking it in. I'd say your case is very strong if you end up with 8 service reports on the same problem, but I'm not a lawyer, just from my experience going through a past case myself.