Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > How are the OEM ContiProContact SSR gonna be this winter?

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

10-07-2010, 09:23 AM   #1
B-737
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: a car.

Garage List
2011 328 xi  [7.26]
Question How are the OEM ContiProContact SSR gonna be this winter?

anyone have experience with these OEM tires that came on my xdrive coupe, winter and rain experience with them? I only have 3000 miles on the tires, i find they ride pretty hard. Im not sure if i want to wait and see if they do okay in the rain and snow or if i should head it off now...

I emailed gary from the tire rack i was thinking about this combination
Blizzak LM-60 packaged on the Rial Wheel.

my car does NOT have sport package.

Last edited by B-737; 10-07-2010 at 09:38 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2010, 09:46 AM   #2
stratplaya06
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 335xi-SOLD 5.0 Miata

I would give them an 'OK' rating.

My dad's m5 with pilot alpin pa3's is much better than my car is on the ssr's, despite not having awd. I think if you only plan on going out when there've been a few plows through and you just need to get a few miles away, then they'll be fine, but I would advise snow tires if you plan on being out and about a lot in the snow.

| PROcede Rev3 | Vishnu Meth | DCI | BMW Perf. Exhaust | AR Coated/Catless | CP-E FMIC | Quaife |
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2010, 12:10 PM   #3
CHCCubs
Colonel
Latvia
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 328i xDrive Sport

I had no problems with mine last winter. Granted we didn't really have a harsh winter last year, but they got me through just fine, didn't get stuck or slide at all.

2013 BMW 328i xDrive Sport Line
Mineral Grey on Everest Grey
Appreciate 0