E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > B&M Short Shifter Kit SSK Pricing?

10-19-2010, 03:45 PM   #1
mubay
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: G35 - E92 335i AW/CR - F10 BSM

B&M Short Shifter Kit SSK Pricing?

Hi, I'm in market for a short shifter kit for my E92 335i. I have been looking for the B&M SSK as it is cheaper than the other popular SSK like UUC or Bmw performance.
Hp autowerks sell it for $250
link: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...ighlight=b%26m
Titanmotorsports sell it for $180
link: http://www.titanmotorsports.com/bmshfore9coa.html

Does anyone has experience with titanmotorsports?

Last edited by mubay; 10-19-2010 at 05:58 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2010, 04:02 PM   #2
themyst
Major General
South Korea
Rep
Drives: '16 MK7 GTI

If you inquired a week ago, I had a brand new one sold for $150 shipped.
      10-19-2010, 11:07 PM   #3
Ghines1279
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335i

Garage List
2007 e92 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by themyst View Post
If you inquired a week ago, I had a brand new one sold for $150 shipped.
to this guy. thanks! Install was a pain, if you are not a DIY'er i wouldnt try it as your first one. who ever took the pics for the directions is a great cameraman. It looks like its easy and out in the open, some how they didnt get the HUGE driveshaft that is in the way, and the 2" of room above it you have to work.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2010, 01:36 PM   #4
The HACK
Midlife Crises Racing Silent but Deadly Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 MZ4C, 2021 Tesla Model 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mubay View Post
Hi, I'm in market for a short shifter kit for my E92 335i. I have been looking for the B&M SSK as it is cheaper than the other popular SSK like UUC or Bmw performance.
Hp autowerks sell it for $250
link: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...ighlight=b%26m
Titanmotorsports sell it for $180
link: http://www.titanmotorsports.com/bmshfore9coa.html

Does anyone has experience with titanmotorsports?
There was a running production change to the stick, if I'm not mistaken, they ran an initial run at a higher quantity that resulted in a lower price. Then I had helped them install multiple units in 335i and 135i and they made a slight alteration in the geometry since the original design would result in the knob sitting about 1/4" higher than stock. When they ran the re-designed stick, the run was for a lower quantity and the cost for the machine time went up, but there's still some old stock out there or vendors running old pricing information, resulting in some vendor "selling" them at a much lower price than the vendors that cleared through the stock and has the newer, redesigned units.

I know, confusing. If I had to guess, Titan Motorsports probably has the older unit that has a taller upper stick that would result in the knob sitting higher. I know for sure Harold sells the newer units only. Either one would technically fit, personally I've dealt with Harold in the past and I would buy it from him instead, and who knows, Titan might just be listing the part under the old pricing but don't actually have the new on in stock and would have to order.

Take the sure thing. Order from Harold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghines1279 View Post
to this guy. thanks! Install was a pain, if you are not a DIY'er i wouldnt try it as your first one. who ever took the pics for the directions is a great cameraman. It looks like its easy and out in the open, some how they didnt get the HUGE driveshaft that is in the way, and the 2" of room above it you have to work.
I've done literally a dozen of short shifter installs in various BMWs using various brands (UUC, Rogue, B&M, AC Schnitzer, you name it, I've installed it) and it's all the same. Installing the short shifter on a BMW is actually one of the easier ones. Try doing a Porsche short shifter kit.
Sitting on a beat-up office chair in front of a 5 year old computer in a basement floor, sipping on stale coffee watching a bunch of meaningless numbers scrolling aimlessly on a dimly lit 19” monitor.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2010, 04:51 PM   #5
rooster3.0
Major
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Try Summit Racing. I think it ships direct from B&M.