2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums F10 Pricing, Ordering, and Tracking (and European Delivery) Where in the world is my (Canada bound) car?

11-12-2010, 02:15 PM   #1
Salter
Private
Rep
Drives: M340i

Where in the world is my (Canada bound) car?

On Tuesday, my CA let me know that the car is "in status 82 and has been released to carrier" and "should be on a boat soon".

I tried looking for additional information on Wallenius Wilhelmsen's online tracking system. The 'quick search' track-and-trace returns no references.
Tried entering various portions of my VIN (last 6 and 8 digits) as well as the whole string, using different fields on their online query form.

Anyone (from Canada) managed to get info from this site? Is it possible that it did not yet board and therefore does not have any info to show?

Thanks folks.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2010, 02:15 AM   #2
jlgwu
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: '18 440i GC X-Drive M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salter View Post
On Tuesday, my CA let me know that the car is "in status 82 and has been released to carrier" and "should be on a boat soon".

I tried looking for additional information on Wallenius Wilhelmsen's online tracking system. The 'quick search' track-and-trace returns no references.
Tried entering various portions of my VIN (last 6 and 8 digits) as well as the whole string, using different fields on their online query form.

Anyone (from Canada) managed to get info from this site? Is it possible that it did not yet board and therefore does not have any info to show?

Thanks folks.
Yes, it absolutely works. Goto the Wallenius website. Goto the Customer Centre tab and then down to track and trace.

https://att.2wglobal.com/gstattweb/o...uickSearchPage

Then enter the last 6 or 8 digits (works on both for me) of your VIN in the cargo ID box. It should then pull up all your info. If it's in their system, the info will show up. This is the way I tracked mine all the way to Halifax.

Once it reached Halifax, I had to then rely on BMW Canada again to give me status updates. My car is currently on a railcar on the way to Vancouver. You can go to the CN Rail website and get info on the transit times to your home. Transit time to Vancouver is 10-12 days. Means, my car should arrive next week sometime. I can't wait!!!
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2010, 03:51 PM   #3
Salter
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlgwu View Post

Then enter the last 6 or 8 digits (works on both for me) of your VIN in the cargo ID box. It should then pull up all your info. If it's in their system, the info will show up. This is the way I tracked mine all the way to Halifax
Thanks for the info jlgwu. I guess mine is not in the system yet. I get no results.
Enjoy your new car when it arrives!
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2010, 01:22 AM   #4
jlgwu
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: '18 440i GC X-Drive M Sport

Quote:
Thanks for the info jlgwu. I guess mine is not in the system yet. I get no results.
Enjoy your new car when it arrives!
I just checked again and entering just the last 6 digits may give you multiple hits for different cargo shipments.

Just so you know what the info looks like, enter BC741398 in the cargo ID box. This is the VIN for my father's 528i which he's already taken delivery of.

The first info that shows up is when the voyage is booked. which should occur very soon after the car leaves the plant. Keep checking.....
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2010, 10:51 AM   #5
Salter
Private
Rep

Thanks again jlgwu. It is very generous of you to take the time and share this info. Yes, I can see the status details pertaining to your dad's car. My CA reported that my car hit "status 93 and it has arrived at the port of exit". Why it's not showing up in the report is anyone's guess.

It's practical chaos theory: Lots of variables and unknowns in between - but the car will arrive.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2010, 07:11 AM   #6
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: warp speed

Hey Salter,

Mine is now sitting on the dealer lot. Picking up Dec 3
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-19-2010, 07:39 AM   #7
Sharbotcom
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 535xi M Sport

You are waiting to pick yours up and I'm still waiting for mine to be built...life is truely unfair ;-)
      11-19-2010, 03:11 PM   #8
Salter
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
Hey Salter,

Mine is now sitting on the dealer lot. Picking up Dec 3
Sweet!
I just saw a carshow photo of the 550 (Titanium Silver/Msport) and it looks great.

BTW - is it usually taking the dealer this long to prep the car for delivery?

Shy+
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2010, 05:37 PM   #9
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: warp speed

Alex B. asked me if I want to pick it up next weekend (11/27) but I have something planned already. That's why Dec 3 is the scheduled date for me.

Quote:
Sweet!
I just saw a carshow photo of the 550 (Titanium Silver/Msport) and it looks great.

BTW - is it usually taking the dealer this long to prep the car for delivery?

Shy+
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2010, 01:59 PM   #10
Salter
Private
Rep

Shipped but not mentioned

A quick update to the thread just so others with similar challenges could learn from this as well.

As of today, I still can't find any mention of my car's ship info. I'm using the last 8 digits of the car's VIN number, but Wallenius Wilhelmsen logistics tracking system is happy to report nothing.

My CA says that the car boarded the ship on the 19th (which makes sense based on when production was completed).

So it is not clear why this is the case. I may be using the wrong VIN, or maybe it's not shipped with WW, or their system has some limitations accurately reporting it? Hopefully it's not sitting lonely and forgotten on the dock in Germany and my CA's system is providing a "false positive".

One thing's for sure - it'll get here one of these days!

Thanks everyone who responded.

Last edited by Salter; 11-24-2010 at 02:05 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2010, 02:04 PM   #11
Sharbotcom
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Salter:

I was called and told my vehicle just went into status 180 (Waiting for Export Dispatch). That means I will be able to search mine via WW in a couple of days as I imagine it will be on the December 2 ship to Halifax. I'll let you know if I can track it then.
      11-24-2010, 08:21 PM   #12
Salter
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharbotcom View Post
Salter:

I'll let you know if I can track it then.
Thanks for this. If my calculations are correct (and the car is on a ship) - it should be in Halifax in a week or so. Hopefully, a couple of weeks later it'll be ready for pickup.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2010, 08:22 PM   #13
Sharbotcom
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Salter:

What did you end up getting for your winter tire package?
      11-24-2010, 08:25 PM   #14
Sharbotcom
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for this. If my calculations are correct (and the car is on a ship) - it should be in Halifax in a week or so. Hopefully, a couple of weeks later it'll be ready for pickup.
A WW ship left today so it may be that WW hasn't updated yet.
      11-25-2010, 08:31 AM   #15
Sharbotcom
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Salter:

I just checked this morning for my car and bingo - there it was on the MIGNON that left yesterday. Yippee!! A week earlier than I was expecting.

Are you sure you have the VIN correct? The 535xi VIN pattern is WBAFU7C55BC###### (the last C might be different as I think it is part of the actual serial number of the car). I originally wrote down WBAFV7C55B.... because my writing had the U looking like a V and it didn't show up. I do hope you can find yours.
      11-25-2010, 12:21 PM   #16
Salter
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharbotcom View Post
Salter:

I just checked this morning for my car and bingo - there it was on the MIGNON that left yesterday. Yippee!! A week earlier than I was expecting.

Are you sure you have the VIN correct?
Thanks. It's kind of you to provide this information. But I think I did enter the right VIN sequence (in fact, it's copied right out of my CA's email).
Maybe the VIN number is wrong. I can ask the CA again. But I think i'll simply take his word for it and wait patiently until it gets across the pond. I'm obsessed with my new cars as it is - maybe it's a good thing I don't have yet another web site to check every day.

Great news on the early shipping of your car. Must feel good. I'll share some photos when mine gets here.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2010, 03:57 PM   #17
Sharbotcom
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Ya, I figured you had it right, but hey, wouldn't it have been great if your failure to find the car was solved by something as simple as repairing a typo?

Hope it shows up soon for you.
      12-21-2010, 10:21 AM   #18
Sharbotcom
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Just heard from the dealer that my car came in last night. I get to pick it up on Friday - Christmas Eve. Great Christmas present!
      12-30-2010, 08:03 PM   #19
Salter
Private
Rep

Just noticed your post. I was up in cottage country for a week, enjoying the car (and a nice vacation). Hope you like yours as well.
Appreciate 0