E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Euro Spec Adaptive Xenons in the UK

02-02-2007, 05:16 AM   #1
paullo
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: ThreeThreeFive

Garage List
2008 335i  [0.00]
Euro Spec Adaptive Xenons in the UK

Hello-

Fellow E90'er from Vancouver, Canada currently working in London. I'm here for another couple months and was hoping to get some advice on where I might source some euro spec adaptive xenons for my CDN E90 back home? If anyone has a contact at one of the local BMW dealerships, or a suggestion on where I might be able to get ahold of some clear xenons at a reasonable price, I would be grateful!

Also, if there's anyone from central London that's planning on attending the next UK E90Post meet, and has room, I would love to tag along

Thanks in advance!
      02-02-2007, 08:20 AM   #2
booforty
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
Welcome paullo!

Hope you are enjoying the UK.

I'm no expert on parts, my only experience is I've bought bits off ebay (German BMW parts suppliers advertise euro parts on there from time to time) and once from Cotswold Store: http://www.cotswoldstore.com/PartsRequest.aspx

At Cotswold Store you request a part, they call you back with a price, plus they give you 10% discount if you contact them online. They deliver parts to your door. They were very good.

My only thought was that you have a Canadian spec E90 and the UK Xenons will be set-up for driving on the left rather than the right for Canada.
Not sure if Cotswold Store can get Euro Xenons for German / French cars? Maybe? Send them an email, they certainly got my part from Germany, they had to order it for me.

Regarding UK3, you would be more than welcome to join me. However, I'm in South West London and will be meeting a couple of other members on the south side of the M25 and we cruise round the oustide of London and then up the M1 to Donington. I'm not sure if any other members are travelling from a more Central London location? By the way, I'm staying overnight as some members have decided to make a night of it as well and perhaps another drive Sunday morning. UK1 and UK2 were such fun, it was a shame to leave for home in the evening.

Click on "Sign Up Here" in my signature and click through the attendees. You will see if there are any others travelling up from London.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2007, 12:28 PM   #3
mjh93sa
Major General
Rep
Drives: 530d

Garage List
Hi paullo and welcome to the UK corner of the site. Hope you can sort out a ride for UK3, it's great to see new faces each time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by beauforty View Post
Cotswold Store: http://www.cotswoldstore.com/PartsRequest.aspx

At Cotswold Store you request a part, they call you back with a price, plus they give you 10% discount if you contact them online. They deliver parts to your door. They were very good.
I too have bought from Cotswold and been happy.... check out my last purchase:

Gone: Fiesta - Focus - E46 320dSE - E91 330dMSport - E82 135iMSport - R55 JCW Clubman - M135i
Now: 530d
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2007, 01:15 PM   #4
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep
Drives: 330i SE

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by beauforty View Post
Welcome paullo!

Hope you are enjoying the UK.

I'm no expert on parts...

...Regarding UK3, you would be more than welcome to join me. However, I'm in South West London and will be meeting a couple of other members on the south side of the M25 and we cruise round the oustide of London and then up the M1 to Donington. I'm not sure if any other members are travelling from a more Central London location? By the way, I'm staying overnight as some members have decided to make a night of it as well and perhaps another drive Sunday morning. UK1 and UK2 were such fun, it was a shame to leave for home in the evening.

Click on "Sign Up Here" in my signature and click through the attendees. You will see if there are any others travelling up from London.
Not an expert on parts- now you tell me....it's the last time I even think about letting you fit a Hartge spoiler on my car, MF!

It would be great to have you join us for UK3, Paullo- you are more than welcome.

Have a look through our UK1 & UK2 threads, to get an idea of what we get upto over here.

I'm sure Paul (beauforty aka the ModFather) or one of the other 'London' boys will be happy to give you a ride in their e90- they are all pretty friendly, most of the time!

All the best.

Viv

Appreciate 0
      02-02-2007, 03:27 PM   #5
ChrisMWard
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E93 320d M Sport, E81 116d SE

Garage List
2006 120d SE  [0.00]
2007 335d A M Sport  [0.00]
1998 M3 Evo  [0.00]
2002 330d Sport  [0.00]
2004 330d Sport  [0.00]
Paullo

Have you already got Xenons on your E90? I was looking at buying an E90 recently which didn't and the dealer told me it was a hell of a job to retro fit.

Chris
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2007, 05:41 PM   #6
paullo
Captain
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2008 335i  [0.00]
Hey folks!

Thanks for all the encouragement and advice. I would love to make it to UK3 and will start to get the details in order so that I can attend. Sounds like a pretty well organized event; I wish E90 meets were this put together in Vancouver

As for the xenon questions; I've got us spec adaptive xenons on my 330 already, so hopefully it's not much more complicated than a straight swap.. but knowing BMW, it'll likely be a bit more involved. I'll check into the Cotswold site and see if they can help me out at all.

If anyone who happens to be going to UK3 (and would be willing to bring along a passenger + who can meet me at the tube station of your choice) - please PM me; It's been two long months without my E90- and it'll be another two before I can drive it again
      02-02-2007, 05:45 PM   #7
paullo
Captain
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2008 335i  [0.00]
Nice!

My cousing has near the exact same car! If I had found an E46 in 6spd before the E90's debut; I'd be driving one of those right now...

Cheers for the positive feedback on Cotswold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjh93sa View Post
Hi paullo and welcome to the UK corner of the site. Hope you can sort out a ride for UK3, it's great to see new faces each time.

I too have bought from Cotswold and been happy.... check out my last purchase:

02-02-2007, 05:53 PM   #8
mjh93sa
Major General
Rep
Drives: 530d

Garage List
I'll actually be paying Cotswold a visit tomorrow. They've laid on an open day for BMWCarClub members, with:

Ride and Drive of Current Models.
Ladies Cosmetics Display/Samples.
Kids Face Painting.
Discounted Lifestyle/Accessories.
Accessory cars from BMW and if possible but not confirmed the New 3 Series CC.
Club stand hopefully with a show and shine competion for members.
Refreshments

From previous experience that should mean some excellent bacon rolls on offer. If so the diet gets put on hold (again).

Gone: Fiesta - Focus - E46 320dSE - E91 330dMSport - E82 135iMSport - R55 JCW Clubman - M135i
Now: 530d
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2007, 10:59 AM   #9
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep
Drives: 330i SE

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjh93sa View Post
I'll actually be paying Cotswold a visit tomorrow. They've laid on an open day for BMWCarClub members, with:

Ride and Drive of Current Models.
Ladies Cosmetics Display/Samples.
Kids Face Painting.
Discounted Lifestyle/Accessories.
Accessory cars from BMW and if possible but not confirmed the New 3 Series CC.
Club stand hopefully with a show and shine competion for members.
Refreshments

From previous experience that should mean some excellent bacon rolls on offer. If so the diet gets put on hold (again).
I keep meaning to join the BMWCC.

Do you think there is any likelihood of them offering us a group discount, Matt?

Viv

Last edited by vivekk; 02-03-2007 at 11:16 AM..
Appreciate 0