Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Kudos to Gary and TireRack

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

11-22-2010, 04:26 PM   #1
SpectreMech
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 iDrive 35is

Kudos to Gary and TireRack

I've seen a couple of threads lately complaining about QC at TireRack.

My wife and I just moved to Tacoma WA from Germany a couple of months ago. It's not supposed to snow here much, but after braving one winter in GE with the summer runflats (brave isn't actually the word, idiotic is), I decided to go the snow tire route.

Ordered 17" Rial Salerno's with LM25 Bridgestone Blizzacks from TR on a Sunday. Delivered on Wednesday, perfect condition with runflat sensors installed. Eight wheel weights installed on two of the rims, but that's not significantly more than what are on my stock 230's. Took an hour to install on my space grey '09 335i Couple... zero shimmy, and five seconds to update the runflat sensor.

Two or three inches of snow fell on Tacoma today, and all hell broke loose on the highway. My 23 mile commute home took two hours, much of it spent skirting the stranded vehicles/wrecks. My car felt solid as a rock, and climbed the very steep drive to my house like a champ (albeit with the DTC light flashing most of the way up).

Very satisfied with my purchase. Good job Gary and TR!
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2010, 09:42 PM   #2
v4voodoo
Private
Rep
Drives: Blue 07 335i Coupe

I live in Kirkland and witnessed the chaos

How did you order those wheels? Tirerack doesn't show them for me when I select an 07 335i Coupe. And there is no option to buy them when I go directly to them by brand.

Edit: well, now they show if I select 335i base rather than Sport, and I'm confused as to whether they'd fit a Sport package equipped E92 335i

Last edited by v4voodoo; 11-22-2010 at 09:48 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2010, 02:40 PM   #3
Gary@TireRack
United_States
Rep
Drives: Formerly 1995 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by v4voodoo View Post
I live in Kirkland and witnessed the chaos

How did you order those wheels? Tirerack doesn't show them for me when I select an 07 335i Coupe. And there is no option to buy them when I go directly to them by brand.

Edit: well, now they show if I select 335i base rather than Sport, and I'm confused as to whether they'd fit a Sport package equipped E92 335i
Yes, they will fit with no problem.

In order to find wheels that are smaller in diameter than the original wheels, you'll need to go to the 'winter' section of our site, here :

Winter
http://www.tirerack.com/a.jsp?a=AH8&...nter/index.jsp

Please refer to 'Gary/E90 Post' as your previous contact when you order online to help support this forum.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2010, 09:33 PM   #4
v4voodoo
Private
Rep
Drives: Blue 07 335i Coupe

Thanks, Gary. Much appreciated.
Appreciate 0