E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Seibon carbon fibre csl trunk fitment

02-03-2011, 09:23 PM   #1
tj9
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: E90 LeMans Blue

Seibon carbon fibre csl trunk fitment

Hi guys,

Anybody know how the fitment is for seibon cf csl trunks?

Any good or bad reviews are welcome

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2011, 12:29 AM   #2
Z4-Sport
Banned
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: E89 Z4

you don't want to go with Seibon, because they are poor made. You will need to do a lot of grinding for the holes and lights area.

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=418515
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2011, 12:38 AM   #3
hipnotic
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

Garage List
2008 335i coupe  [7.00]
gl
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2011, 01:54 AM   #4
tj9
Private
Australia
Rep

How are they with alignment?

Any seibon csl trunk owners wish to chime in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z4-Sport View Post
you don't want to go with Seibon, because they are poor made. You will need to do a lot of grinding for the holes and lights area.

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=418515

Last edited by tj9; 02-04-2011 at 04:58 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2011, 04:39 AM   #5
modtheebmw
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 e90

If fitment

important to you. check carefully at all the trunks --> side view and eliminate the ones with gaps or uneven lines. If no side views, only rear, thats a sign they are hiding the gaps, I have done a ton of shopping before buying my erricson. buy something that you can install and boom it fits no adjustments. my last trunk was Erricson since i couldnt afford Vorsteiner and same with Arkym.

Recently, i just ordered the latest one from Project M who redesign his trunk into a cover (fits over oem like a one piece). rather than making another trunk which the market is flooded with them. According his buddy, he changed the design based of buying trends of currently economy, provide a full trunk look without having to replace your oem and indifferent thats affordable. lastly not having to worry about fitment. there was notice he was searching for a few cars to sponsor for pics (not free but not full price either) and after seeing it in person last friday, besides vorstiener and arkym, his fitment with the oem trunk is just unbelievable. to make a paper thin in carbon and offer same quality lid as a full trunk was amazing. i had to order one for myself.

Overall, it's your money and buy what you want. don't listen to others and go with what you will be happy with. Thats only advise i can offer you. Here's some pics my buddy took from last friday. he will be releasing this product and two others on the m3 forum after photo shoot last news i received. I hope he's ok letting me post pics, if not, i will take them down. I believe he's still looking for a few more cars to sponsor (much better than paying full price when released to the public)

you have plenty of options but, this is a very unique design since you can use your oem trunk. only other similar products are lips spoiler which you also consider.

Good luck on your decision but you have all the availability on your hands brudah

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj9 View Post
How are they with alignment?

Any seibon cal trunk owners wish to chime in?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-04-2011, 05:05 AM   #6
tj9
Private
Australia
Rep

Thanks for the advice modtheebmw!

Fortunately im purchasing this trunk from vivid racing; unfortunately i can't check that the hood fits perfectly which is why I'm looking for past/current owners to chime in on the fitment of seibon trunks, i've heard that there's only issues regarding the tail lightholes which doesn't Bother me, I'm more worried about the fitment of the hood (ensuring one side is not higher than the other) and alignment of the tail lights.

I have leaned towards the seibon csl trunk due to the factors of price and being a reputable company.

Any seibon owners with the csl carbon fibre trunk had any issues with the alignment and fitting of the trunk?
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2011, 05:35 AM   #7
modtheebmw
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 e90

wrong

section bro. I doubt anyone here owns a seibon as most look for perfect fitment as much as possible. Siebon is not a reputable company in the bmw community. i have no clue where you recieved that information. To be honest i have yet to see one for sale or someone bragging about siebon. YOu may want to check reviews on ebay where most of seibon sells their products. no vendor here carries their trunk , not hood.. unsure of the hood. if i was you go find a seibon dealer bc your wasting time here since we hae enough trunks being sold our vendors. good luck your search but try ebay if you want some feed backs. you already know their fitment is horrible, why do you insist on wanting on wanting to purchase? just buy a lip spoiler bc at the end you will spend more time fixing the the trunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj9 View Post
Thanks for the advice modtheebmw!

Fortunately im purchasing this trunk from vivid racing; unfortunately i can't check that the hood fits perfectly which is why I'm looking for past/current owners to chime in on the fitment of seibon trunks, i've heard that there's only issues regarding the tail lightholes which doesn't Bother me, I'm more worried about the fitment of the hood (ensuring one side is not higher than the other) and alignment of the tail lights.

I have leaned towards the seibon csl trunk due to the factors of price and being a reputable company.

Any seibon owners with the csl carbon fibre trunk had any issues with the alignment and fitting of the trunk?
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2011, 05:38 AM   #8
E90jonno
STANCE YOUR RIDE!
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90

I don't know about hat i have a friend with a bonnet from them and its on his LEX i would say fitment is spot on S
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2011, 08:35 AM   #9
tj9
Private
Australia
Rep

I have pm'ed many users that have since parted with their csl trunks and have only had good things to say about seibon.

Im aware that fitment of the light holes are not spot on and require very little modifying to make it flush. Apart from that many have since said the alignment and fitment was good.

Thanks for the advice regardless modtheebmw, appreciated mate.
Appreciate 0