2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums Regional Forums CANADA Etching and Admin Fees

02-07-2011, 11:46 AM   #1
MrDit
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW i5 M60

Etching and Admin Fees

Started looking around for a new 2011 535xi here in Ontario and was told I would be paying a 399 admin fee, plus a 299 etching fee. This would be my first BMW, is this common practice for dealerships in Ontario??
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2011, 12:42 PM   #2
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: warp speed

All dealers charge admin fee. Amount will vary dealer to dealer. I paid $399 @ BMW Toronto

Etching fee. No way is this mandatory. BMW Toronto does not charge this.

Watch out for other fees, like nitrogen air and tire stewardship fees. BMW Toronto does not charge this. Note: You are not buying new tires separately, therefore, this is NOT a valid fee. Nitrogen air, I believed BMW Autohaus wants $65 for this.

If these above fees exist, then just tell your dealer put in regular air and ... "I am not paying for them. PERIOD" and therefore, take them off on the final sales agreement.

If you are interested of whom I dealt with and the amount of discount you should be asking, then just PM me and I will be happy to point you to the right direction.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2011, 12:45 PM   #3
MrDit
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW i5 M60

Thanks for the reply, I don't mind paying some form of admin fee but the etching fee is something I have no desire for and will tell them that. There was nothing mentioned about additional tire fees or nitrogen.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2011, 12:59 PM   #4
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: warp speed

That's why you have to insist of full (fees) disclousre before you sign anything. Watch out for every line of item printed on the quote and sales agreement.

Funny thing is that my previous car is also a Lexus.
Appreciate 0