E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Who has Pre-ordered and is still waiting?

05-08-2005, 12:15 AM   #1
Nu 3 in Sin City
Driver of the Ultimate Driving Machine
Rep
Drives: 06 330i

Who has Pre-ordered and is still waiting?

I am curious to know who has pre-ordered their E90, but are still waiting for it to get to the dealer.

I ordered mine back in February. It was shipped out and arrived at the Port ( L.A.) in Mid April. Owners Circle still shows it is at the Vehicle Preparation Center and my Dealer says it was supposed to be on the Truck on Thursday and get here by Sunday. We are still waiting and now have a Loaner Vehicle thanks to the Dealer until our car comes in. Also, all the initial demo cars that the Dealer received last week have been sold.

How is everyone else doing?... as far as I know, in this Forum, Capt. Jack is the only person to take delivery ( in the U.S. ) so far.....unless others have also picked up their car and have been too busy driving?....LOL.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2005, 12:44 AM   #2
haroldho
Rep
Drives: 1987 schwinn

nah, unfortunately I'm in the same boat. I pre-ordered back in February and my car arrived at the VPC in early April. I'm still waiting for my car. My SA said, "there is a work order to put your car on a truck, but it hasn't been released to the carrier." I have no idea what that means. I just need the car to arrive because I'm thinking about it way too much. Reminds me of when I was a little boy and just had to have a certain toy. Have I not grown up after all?
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2005, 12:49 AM   #3
vivid
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: 135i, 323i

I orderd mine 18 months ago and I'm still waiting but I could be waiting another 18 months or more... damn BMW... you guys are lucky you have yours soon its a great car.

Current: 135i, 323i wagon.
Sold:GTI
Sold: FX45
Sold: E36 M3
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2005, 03:38 AM   #4
jiggax23
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e90

I ordered mines in March. Dealer said I was supposed to have the car delivered on Tuesday (5/3). Well Saturday came around, car still not delivered, went to another dealer, picked one off the lot. After finishing the paperwork, they then decide to tell me it hasn't been PDI'ed, so now I have to wait til Monday morning, since PDI is closed on Sunday, for them to deliver it to my house first thing in the morning. The waiting game sucks
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2005, 05:35 AM   #5
aragorn1129
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i SG

Order mine end of march, reached the VPC last Friday. I should have it sometime in the coming week. Can't wait anymore....
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2005, 05:38 AM   #6
ldpantoja
Lieutenant
Puerto Rico
Rep
Drives: 330i (E90)

I ordered mine mid March and should take delivery by the second week of June (Hopefully)
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2005, 02:22 PM   #7
deutschmann59
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

I ordered mine the last week of March, right after pricing was announced. My dealer says they were expecting my car to be delivered to the dealership on Saturday (yesterday) and I should be able to take delivery Monday, tomorrow 5/9/2005. I still don't know yet, though...I haven't talked to the dealer since last Wednesday. I wanted to take a trip up to see if the car was there, but the dealer is about 70 miles away, and I figured I'd hopefully be going up there tomorrow, but the fact is I really don't know for sure what's up yet. This sure has been the longest weekend of my life.

The way my luck's been running lately, I waiting for the dealer to call and say "no, sorry, looks like two more weeks yet". I guess I'll find out either way, tommorow.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2005, 04:08 PM   #8
divide
Rep
Drives: E90

I took delivery of my car yesterday! I have already but in 450 miles into it by going to Atlantic City with it. I will post some pictures tomorrow.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2005, 04:18 PM   #9
CaptJack
Mach 1 in a BMW
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X3 M40i

Garage List
Delivery

Quote:
Originally Posted by divide
I took delivery of my car yesterday! I have already but in 450 miles into it by going to Atlantic City with it. I will post some pictures tomorrow.
Yeehaaa! Live the good life Pal, drive the wheels off that puppy!!!!

Congrats!! Tell us what specs...
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2005, 06:40 PM   #10
Pangearox
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E93

Garage List
2008 E93 335i  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
I ordered middle of march and should have it thursday or friday of this week...i am in Toronto canada so we are a bit behind the states...i will have the first one out of the dealership
      05-08-2005, 06:43 PM   #11
ogrady
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: AW 09 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pangearox
I ordered middle of march and should have it thursday or friday of this week...i am in Toronto canada so we are a bit behind the states...i will have the first one out of the dealership
Hey your combination SG/Lemon is the first E90 of its kind, at least from what I've seen. Be sure to post up some pics of this combination, I think it'll look awesome
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2005, 06:50 PM   #12
lungdoctor
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 330xi

I have placed a deposit to order the 330xi- The dealer expects to be able to place the order in Sept. Should have delivery late nov/dec in time for the Snow here in Pennsylvania. I can't wait to trade in the Volvo.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2005, 06:24 PM   #13
Nu 3 in Sin City
Rep

The Waiting Game

It is now Monday, 3 days after the official release date by BMW of NA and I am still waiting for my 330i. As I mentioned in an earlier post, Owners circle and my BMW Dealer have indicated since Mid-April that my car was at VPC ( in L.A. ). I was told by the dealer last week that teh car should of gotten to the dealer by Friday, then it turned into Saturday, then was told by Sunday. Ok, this is frustrating..is anyone else going through this?

Appreciate 0
      05-09-2005, 06:40 PM   #14
jiggax23
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nu 3 in Sin City
It is now Monday, 3 days after the official release date by BMW of NA and I am still waiting for my 330i. As I mentioned in an earlier post, Owners circle and my BMW Dealer have indicated since Mid-April that my car was at VPC ( in L.A. ). I was told by the dealer last week that teh car should of gotten to the dealer by Friday, then it turned into Saturday, then was told by Sunday. Ok, this is frustrating..is anyone else going through this?

I was sick and tired of my dealer doing the same thing to me, so I went out and bought one on saturday, got it delivered sunday, and low-and-behold, the one I had ordered back in march just came in today. oh well, i'm still happy
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2005, 06:42 PM   #15
spikes111
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggax23
I was sick and tired of my dealer doing the same thing to me, so I went out and bought one on saturday, got it delivered sunday, and low-and-behold, the one I had ordered back in march just came in today. oh well, i'm still happy
Congrats, now show us some pics plzzzz!
      05-09-2005, 07:03 PM   #16
Nu 3 in Sin City
Rep

Angry

This just in.....

The salesman at our dealer has just informed us that they cannot find our car! I've heard of nightmare stories about other dealerships, but this is BMW.... I'm on the verge of being very dissapointed here. Does anyone have any advice on how I can get the dealer here to get me my car? I would think that they shoudl be able to verify with teh Port that the car did get ona truck and which truck took it and the truck's current location and so on?
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2005, 07:06 PM   #17
Nu 3 in Sin City
Rep

Sorry for the typos everyone...

Can you tell I'm angry?
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2005, 07:12 PM   #18
YYdoodle
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 fanatic

What do you mean they can't tell you where it is? That's crazy talk from a dealer! I'd be on the phone with them refusing to hangup until they found a way of finding my car... that's ridiculous. The last known location of your car was in mid-april??
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2005, 07:15 PM   #19
Nathan
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 X5 3.0

Nu:

My only best guess is that the truck has to go across the United States to get to you, which is why most ED cars take much longer to get back from Europe. Hang in there, then again, its easy for me to say since i have at least another 3 weeks in waiting time.

Call BMWNA and complain, that will light a little fire under your dealer to get you a better answer.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2005, 08:02 PM   #20
Nu 3 in Sin City
Rep

The car made it to the Port ( in California ) on April 18th. I live in Las Vegas, which is a 4-5 hour drive. This does not make any sense. I just called BMW of NA, they said it is basically out of their hands and I should consult my dealer, which I already have.

I just spoke to the Sales Manager at the dealer. He said that the Port is telling him ( according to the computer ) that my car was released by the port and was given to the shipping company. But, the shipping company's computer shows that they do not have the car. My sales manager told me that these things happen allot and that sometimes the car will show up even though it shows that it is still at the port on their computer. So, now that it is too late in the day, the Port and Shipping companies offices are closed and we will have to wait until tommorrow to find something out. What gets me is, why didn't they call the Port earlier today when they originally told me they couldn't find the car?

All I know is I ordered this car months ago, with a deposit, registered on BMWUSA.com with owners circle and have a VIN# number etc. and I sit here waiting while all the demo cars at my dealer have been sold and several owners who had pre-ordered their E90s are out enjoying their cars as I type this. I'm also hearing that several people managed to get their cars before the official release date. I'm wondering why my car didnt come with the demo cars for my dealer?..wouldn't that make sense? Well, hopefully this will all be resolved tommorrow and my car will be at the dealer.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2005, 08:16 PM   #21
deutschmann59
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nu 3 in Sin City
Well, hopefully this will all be resolved tommorrow and my car will be at the dealer.
Nu 3: We're both in the same boat. I'm really quite mad. My car was supposed to be in today. I told everybody they would see my new car TODAY. Well that hasn't happened, and the dealership doesn't know where my car is. They said it would be in on Saturday. I'd drive it home Monday. yeah right. I just called them today and listen to what they told me. They said, "I don't know where your car is. It's showing on the computer that it's on the truck on its way here. For all I know, the car could be right outside at this very second waiting to be loaded off the truck!" That was at about 10:00 this morning. They haven't called me back all day. Just like you, the BMW 1800 number says my car is still at the port and no further shipping information is available, the OC says "at final prep. center" and my dealer knows (or is telling me) next to nothing. Like you said--maybe tomorrow.....
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2005, 09:48 PM   #22
Nu 3 in Sin City
Rep

Thanks for the reply Sharp,

I was starting to wonder if I was the only one having this problem. I'll keep my fingers crossed for the both of us. Good luck, I'll update you as I find out more info.
Appreciate 0