E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > E92 M3 parts on a E92 335i

02-28-2011, 05:36 AM   #1
tinnsoldaten
Captain
Norway
Rep
Drives: e92 335i coupe

E92 M3 parts on a E92 335i

Hi guys

I have a question about the M3 and the 335i

The complete M3 front suspension with hub crossover and everything , could it be put on a 335i ?

Same question for the rear , the subframe that holds the differential , all arms , suspension and everything .

Next has to do with cosmetics , I was thinking of changing my front . The hood and put on some splitters on bumper . But I have got a good deal on some used parts from M3 , so question is : what parts from M3 do I need to make the front M3? I heard from earlier somewhere that Hood , bumper , fenders and headlights where needed for the whole transformation.

Later I checked with headlights , they have same parts number , so that is not a concern I guess.

Also when I check on the online EKT parts page , that there was some difference in price and parts number for just the car chassi , M3 and 335i compared.

Also , this is a european version car.

The goal with these questions is to find out if I could upgrade my 335i with M3 parts and know if I have option to do the M3 conversion in front.

And I consider building a track car , build it from scratch . Its way more afordable than buying one complete. I found all main components and price is not that scary . But I need to know if I can use the "normal" E92 chassis or if I need to get hold of a salvagable chassi from a real M3 to build the track car.

Also , if possible if moddification of the "normal" E92 chassi is needed , how much work is it ?

I tried to look here for previous threads about this , but didnt find much.

But that does not mean they dont exist...
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2011, 06:23 AM   #2
tinnsoldaten
Captain
Norway
Rep

Parts I have in mind

These two sets , front and rear , for the price of 4000 US $

Or should I just change arms and the small stuff?

What is price aprox for the M3 upgrade in suspension parts ?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-28-2011, 06:53 AM   #3
TurboBimmer
Lieutenant Colonel
Luxembourg
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

If you plan to build a dedicated track car, I'm not so sure if the N54 engine in the 335i is the best base to start. Lots of overheating issues especially at upped boost levels. So you'll need to look deeply into improving the cooling, e.g. add oil coolers, aluminium radiator etc.

As for the suspension, the rear subframe can be swapped. Culprit would be to find a way to connect the M3 diff to the 335i transmission.

If you just swap out suspension parts, you're looking at roughly $4k, including an LSD (mandatory on the track).

IMO you're better off getting a used M3 for the track. A modded 335i really shines as a daily driver/light track usage car.
Performance Seats, Exhaust, Splitters, Pedals, Steering Wheel / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / Forge FMIC / Quaife LSD / Öhlins Road & Track / M3 Suspension Parts / Solid Subframe Bushings / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Racing Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR DPs / Alpina TCU / COBB Pro-Tune
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2011, 10:35 AM   #4
tinnsoldaten
Captain
Norway
Rep

I got the Quaife LSD from before.

Front and rear suspension got really banged up after a little accident , so I am considering the option to go M3 all the way with replacing front and rear suspension.

I live in Norway , its freezing cold here always , never overheated this car.
I got the extra oilcooler.

The quaife from 335i can be used on M3 subframe ?
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2011, 11:03 PM   #5
farbmw
Brigadier General
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 6SPD MANUAL!

I don't know about the front, but I think there was two members that did put the rear M3 on there 335i's, so search the forum I am sure you can find the threads. But I also think you would need the M3 drive shaft to make that rear end work.

Link to my M4 euro delivery! http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1006526
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2011, 02:18 AM   #6
tinnsoldaten
Captain
Norway
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by farbmw View Post
I don't know about the front, but I think there was two members that did put the rear M3 on there 335i's, so search the forum I am sure you can find the threads. But I also think you would need the M3 drive shaft to make that rear end work.
I got the Quaife LSD from before. ( 335i ) Will that not fit in the subframe?
Appreciate 0