E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > CD changer fit.

03-05-2011, 10:23 AM   #1
mrwindymiller
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E60 535d M Sport

CD changer fit.

Hi, please don't shoot me as I know there are many threads on this subject but I can't find the answer I am looking for.

I want to fit a CD changer into my E90 with prof nav.
Reading other posts, people are requiring the brackets and trim panel too when they wish to fit a changer.

My car already has all the mounting brackets and trim panel fitted, with the loom sitting there ready to plug in.

My questions are:-

1. As I have all the hardware already fitted, is there a possibility it had a CD fitted and someone removed it prior to selling the car (I am the second owner)

2. If it has already had a CD fitted at sometime, will I need to have it coded again.

3. Are all the changers for the E9x compatible with prof nav.

Many thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2011, 06:15 PM   #2
AlanYoro35i
Senior Troll
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Coming soon-718 Cayman S

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwindymiller View Post
Hi, please don't shoot me as I know there are many threads on this subject but I can't find the answer I am looking for.

I want to fit a CD changer into my E90 with prof nav.
Reading other posts, people are requiring the brackets and trim panel too when they wish to fit a changer.

My car already has all the mounting brackets and trim panel fitted, with the loom sitting there ready to plug in.

My questions are:-

1. As I have all the hardware already fitted, is there a possibility it had a CD fitted and someone removed it prior to selling the car (I am the second owner)

2. If it has already had a CD fitted at sometime, will I need to have it coded again.

3. Are all the changers for the E9x compatible with prof nav.

Many thanks in advance.
Hi

I think logically someone did previously fitted one if not ,there wont be wiring looms ready.

On my e92 where the cd changer normally fits, i dont see any looms or brakcets or trims that is ready for the car...

I maybe wrong

The other thing is, i would assume that if the car had cd changer then the coding would not be required IF you can get the exact same cd changer.

I might be wrong but hope this give u an idea
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2011, 09:26 AM   #3
Dr Dave
Zummerzet Zyder Drinker!
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: '06 330D Le Mans Blue

Garage List
The wiring will be present if you have CDC prep.

As for coding, all you can do is try it - you might be lucky!
      03-06-2011, 12:02 PM   #4
lemans 330d
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330d M sport

Garage List
the wiring and cage is there in a lot of cars as it was in mine.
if a changer had been fitted previously you will see cdc in the options on the stereo if you press the audio button.

i have bought a changer for my car and its going to the dealer for coding on wednesday.
I struck a deal with the service girl in which she is coding the changer,enabling the panic alarm on the key fob,enabling the halo`s to come on when i unlock the car and finally putting all the updates on the car which takes upto 4 hours and all for £78.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2011, 01:05 PM   #5
AlanYoro35i
Senior Troll
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemans320d View Post
if a changer had been fitted previously you will see cdc in the options on the stereo if you press the audio button.

i have bought a changer for my car and its going to the dealer for coding on wednesday.
I struck a deal with the service girl in which she is coding the changer,enabling the panic alarm on the key fob,enabling the halo`s to come on when i unlock the car and finally putting all the updates on the car which takes upto 4 hours and all for £78.
Your mouth must be watering sweet to landed that deal..XD

hope da misses didnt hear it haha
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2011, 01:07 PM   #6
mrwindymiller
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E60 535d M Sport

Quote:

Thanks for the info, will get it fitted and see what the dealers quote me.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2011, 02:48 PM   #7
lemans 330d
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330d M sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoro35i View Post
Your mouth must be watering sweet to landed that deal..XD

hope da misses didnt hear it haha
You know it dude.
The girl at my dealers has even remembered my reg no each time straight away and is stunning aged about 25.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2011, 11:20 PM   #8
AlanYoro35i
Senior Troll
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
You know it dude.
The girl at my dealers has even remembered my reg no each time straight away and is stunning aged about 25.
I think its about time you tell them u need them in da car for a test drive so u can rectifried a fault =]
Appreciate 0