2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series Gran Turismo GT (F07) Forums General 5-Series GT (Gran Turismo) (F07) Forum Nearly ready, your opinion needed.

03-11-2011, 08:23 PM   #1
kwilkins
Private
Rep
Drives: 2023 Porsche Cayenne Turbo S e

Nearly ready, your opinion needed.

I’m nearly ready to place my order for a GT 550ix and have settled on my options, which is most of them. I’m struggling with a color choice between dark graphite metallic and space gray. I posted a previous message asking how dark graphite metallic dealt with dirt, and as expected everyone that has chosen that color loves it.

I’m fixed on getting the cinnamon brown nappa leather and know that it will work famously with the graphite, but I’m wondering how well it will match with the space gray. Does anyone own the space gray and cinnamon (or have seen it) and what do you think about those two colors together?

Today for the first time I saw the graphite GT. It’s very impressive, although it was cloudy and I wish I had seen the car in sunlight as others have said that’s where it really shines. The graphite made the GT look bigger to me than the space gray. I saw them on different days, at different dealers, in different light, so a lot of variables. However, I couldn’t help but notice how much bigger the graphite color made the car look compared to the space gray. Any thoughts on this from those who have seen both?

Finally, I’m curious to hear opinions on the ceramic controls. It seems those that have ordered them love them, not surprising. I’ve read a couple of reviews and blog posts stating that they do not work well with the rest of the GT interior. Has anyone seen the ceramic controls and passed on them, if so, what influenced your decision?

I really love the GT, and as you can probably tell, am enthused to be placing my order.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Ken
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2011, 09:28 PM   #2
car_fan
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 F97 X3M

Garage List
2020 BMW X3M  [0.00]
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilkins View Post
I’m nearly ready to place my order for a GT 550ix and have settled on my options, which is most of them. I’m struggling with a color choice between dark graphite metallic and space gray. I posted a previous message asking how dark graphite metallic dealt with dirt, and as expected everyone that has chosen that color loves it.

I’m fixed on getting the cinnamon brown nappa leather and know that it will work famously with the graphite, but I’m wondering how well it will match with the space gray. Does anyone own the space gray and cinnamon (or have seen it) and what do you think about those two colors together?

Today for the first time I saw the graphite GT. It’s very impressive, although it was cloudy and I wish I had seen the car in sunlight as others have said that’s where it really shines. The graphite made the GT look bigger to me than the space gray. I saw them on different days, at different dealers, in different light, so a lot of variables. However, I couldn’t help but notice how much bigger the graphite color made the car look compared to the space gray. Any thoughts on this from those who have seen both?

Finally, I’m curious to hear opinions on the ceramic controls. It seems those that have ordered them love them, not surprising. I’ve read a couple of reviews and blog posts stating that they do not work well with the rest of the GT interior. Has anyone seen the ceramic controls and passed on them, if so, what influenced your decision?

I really love the GT, and as you can probably tell, am enthused to be placing my order.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Ken
In my opinion Sparkling Graphite and Cinnamon Brown Nappa works well. Please see the attached snapshot of the ceramic controls on my center stack.
Attached Images

2018 X3 M40i BSM/Oyster/ZPP/ZPX/HK/S6CPA/718M(retired)
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2011, 10:02 AM   #3
kwilkins
Private
Rep
Drives: 2023 Porsche Cayenne Turbo S e

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_fan View Post
In my opinion Sparkling Graphite and Cinnamon Brown Nappa works well. Please see the attached snapshot of the ceramic controls on my center stack.
Those Graphite controls do work quite well with the Cinnamon Brown, I love the picture.

What color wood trim did you go with?
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2011, 12:52 AM   #4
car_fan
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 F97 X3M

Garage List
2020 BMW X3M  [0.00]
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilkins View Post
Those Graphite controls do work quite well with the Cinnamon Brown, I love the picture.

What color wood trim did you go with?
I selected dark wood trim.
2018 X3 M40i BSM/Oyster/ZPP/ZPX/HK/S6CPA/718M(retired)
Appreciate 0