E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Rockies / Midwest > Denver, CO: Jerry Stander's Collision Works Review

04-15-2011, 11:59 AM   #1
Lenaxia
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330xi 6MT

Garage List
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Denver, CO: Jerry Stander's Collision Works Review

Hey guys, I came through here a couple days ago looking for a local body shop to do an inspection on a wrecked e46 M3 I was looking to pick up as a project car. After dealing with Dan at Stander's Collision Works, I was left with such a strong impression, just from dealing with him over the phone, that I feel compelled to leave this review for you locals in case this place hasn't been mentioned before.

Quote:
Jerry Stander's Collision Works
3900 Norwood Dr
Littleton, CO 80125
(303) 791-1900
www.standers.com

I had found a BMW M3 on ebay that looked like it was going to be a good rebuild project that I could do for fun, but myself being in California, and the car being in Colorado made it somewhat difficult to inspect. I was directed to Jerry Stander's Collision Works by the folks at Autowerks Colorado and had a chance to speak with Dan Stander. Right off the bat, he was friendly and helpful above and beyond normal customer service

This was my first time looking into a purchase like this so Dan spent some time sharing his experiences with purchasing cars remotely and things I should be wary of, especially since the car I was looking at had been previously wrecked. He was honest and frank about what I should expect and I got a very strong impression that to him, the customer was the first and foremost priority.

I had been turned down by several other body shops that I had called because they insisted the vehicle be brought to them for an inspection; unforutnately the car I was looking at had been wrecked and was not drivable. Dan not only agreed to drive out to where the car was but he insisted that estimates were free of charge. It was a 30 minute drive each way for him, not including the time he spent actually looking at the car.

The report I recieved from him wasn't just a quote sheet with prices listed but also included a thorough explanation of what he saw and what condition the car was in. Not to mention the massive email he sent me included 50 detailed pictures of the vehicle. Significantly more than I could squeeze out of the salvage yard that I was actually planning on buying the car from!

Dan was easy to talk to, and fairly easy to get a hold of despite his busy schedule. The receptionist I spoke with was helpful and actually recognized me after the second time I called them. All in all, I give Stander's Collision Works an A+ for customer service and ease of dealing with them. It has been quite a while since I've dealt with a business that makes the customer feel this welcome (even non-paying ones like me!).

I can't comment on their body work because I didn't have any work done there, but from speaking with Dan, quality is right up there in priority with satisfying their customers. Should I ever move to the Denver area, I will not hesitate to bring my car here for work, additionally all my Denver area friends will get recommendations for this place.
      04-15-2011, 12:30 PM   #2
forza1976
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
2022 BMW M3X  [10.00]
Wow, +1 to Dan. What a great shop! I will for sure go to those guys if I ever need their services. Thanks for the review and glad you got things worked out.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2011, 03:14 AM   #3
Mile High M3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E46 ///M3

It's nice to see that there are still businesses out there that still care about the customer.

Are you going to end up getting the vehicle?
      04-19-2011, 12:30 AM   #4
Lenaxia
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330xi 6MT

Garage List
2006 330xi  [0.00]
I didn't end up getting the m3. It was totally trashed which wasn't shown in the pictures I originally got.

They had left it outsde with no hood for the better part of 2 years. The engine bay was destroyed. The windows were left down so the interior was rotting. The car also was sitting nearly all the way down suggesting that multiple struts were blown.

He gave me all this info in his write up plus the 50 pictures I mentioned. His recommendation while obvious was to not get it

I can't even remember the last time I enjoyed working with a business. Dan reminded me that some people can still be nice!