E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Help car going crazy!!!

05-22-2011, 01:18 PM   #1
jmgsxr
Rep
Drives: 2007 bmw 335 xi

Help car going crazy!!!

Ok so for the past few days im getting a bunch of lights on my dash,brake,abs,traction control and 4x4. There is also a clicking noise just after startup that sounds like is coming from under the car. Then last night my headlights got a mind of their own and started turning back and fourth while driving straight down the road!!! The code coming up on the dash is cc id370, my car is just out of warranty.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2011, 03:11 PM   #2
scottp999
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 4runner SR5

Garage List
2007 BMW 335  [9.00]
A marginal battery is known to cause all kinds of gremlins in the car. When my light weight battery started to go, I got the ABS errors, traction control errors, radio volume would not work, and even the the sunroof started to show a dash error which when I pulled the codes showed voltage issues and shorts.

Even on the stock battery if the charge is >=50% I get the sunroof issues. I keep a battery tender handy, and I can really tell the battery is getting drained when the comfort access shuts down to conserve energy.

I'm starting to think my original stock battery, which just went over 4 years old is not holding half the charge it did when new. It's on the list to replace soon.
Appreciate 0