E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > Any knowledge on this polisher?

05-30-2011, 08:00 PM   #1
LXXV
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 xdrive35i

Any knowledge on this polisher?

I'm thinking it's probably best for a beginning detailer to avoid this unknown polisher. Maybe one of you in the know may have some light to shed on this model. It's hard to read any spec/model numbers in their blurry pictures and their description leaves a lot to be desired. I can't even tell - Is it a rotary or orbital?

http://denver.craigslist.org/tls/2409322589.html
      05-30-2011, 09:21 PM   #2
MuttGrunt
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: beater;)

Some type of rotary polisher. What you're doing is trying to save $80 and in the process potentially screwing yourself into thousands of dollars of damage.

Do things the right way and purchase a Dual Action polisher like a PC7424XP, Griot's Professional DA, or the Meguiar's G110v2 and appropriate pads and polishes to go with. If you car isn't worth an extra 80 dollars, I don't know what to tell you.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2011, 09:29 PM   #3
jopa489
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Anything with Wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuttGrunt View Post
Some type of rotary polisher. What you're doing is trying to save $80 and in the process potentially screwing yourself into thousands of dollars of damage.

Do things the right way and purchase a Dual Action polisher like a PC7424XP, Griot's Professional DA, or the Meguiar's G110v2 and appropriate pads and polishes to go with. If you car isn't worth an extra 80 dollars, I don't know what to tell you.
Big +1.

Additionally, detailers everywhere know the PCXP and can offer all sorts of advice based on their knowledge. You would be throwing yourself to the wolves with that rotary. You might be able to pickup a used PC7424 (older version of the current 7424XP which is more powerful), but definitely go with a dual action.

X7 LCI // Incoming
C7 ZR1 ZTK // Sebring + TRX // Hydro + Raptor Gen1 Roush // Tuxedo
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2011, 10:41 PM   #4
LXXV
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 xdrive35i

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuttGrunt View Post

Wow. Somewhere within you insulting my intelligence, assuming my budget, and coming across as condescending, I guess there is a tidbit of information I was looking for. I found the listing on cl and asked for any insight on the product since I'd never heard of it. That's all. Where in my op did I say I was considering buying it at this point? I actually started out by saying I had a feeling to avoid it.
thanks. i guess?

Last edited by LXXV; 05-30-2011 at 11:27 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2011, 11:48 PM   #5
digital01
Search or ban.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i

Definitely a rotary. You can tell by how the buffer is built. Although it may be a workable rotary, I'm guessing that you're looking for a DA buffer. Don't waste your money on it unless an entry level rotary is indeed what you're looking for.
'06 325i Black // iDrive // Cold Weather Pkg // Terra Dakota Leather // Lux 5.1 AE LED // Comfort Access // Premium Pkg // Ray's Sebring 19x8.5 & 19x9.5 w/ 245.35.19 - Mich. PS2 & 275.30.19 - Conti. SportContact2 // Front Bumper Splitters // MSD Air Scoops
Appreciate 0