BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
      06-05-2011, 03:37 PM   #1
727jbh
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M8 GC Donington Grey

Feature Options

Does anyone know when active cruise, soft close doors, sport package and the harman kardon sound system will be available on the new 6? And why are these options not available at introduction?
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2011, 05:31 PM   #2
Houston Bimmer
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2012 650i

I can tell you what I know since I have a coupe on order. I ordered mine with an M Sport package and a Bang & Olufsen Stereo. I thnk the B&O system replaces the HK Logic 7 system as the premium sound system. There was no option for soft close doors, but I would love to have those 7 series options as I do on my current 750. As far as the active cruise control, I am not sure if it is offered or not. I did not see it on my order sheet, but had heard it was available.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2011, 06:49 PM   #3
727jbh
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M8 GC Donington Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston Bimmer View Post
I can tell you what I know since I have a coupe on order. I ordered mine with an M Sport package and a Bang & Olufsen Stereo. I thnk the B&O system replaces the HK Logic 7 system as the premium sound system. There was no option for soft close doors, but I would love to have those 7 series options as I do on my current 750. As far as the active cruise control, I am not sure if it is offered or not. I did not see it on my order sheet, but had heard it was available.
Will the B&O be available on the convertible? I've noticed everything reads coupe option.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2011, 03:00 PM   #4
hinckley
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '24 M4C Conv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston Bimmer View Post
So US dealers can now order the M-sport package? Do you have a production number or date?
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2011, 11:31 PM   #5
Houston Bimmer
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2012 650i

Yes I have a production number, but still no build date. My dealer said he would expect a July build and late August delivery. He aso told me that my car could actully sit at the port if BMW is not ready to release the coupe. I know I am getting the first delivery of a coupe for this dealer.

When we did the order sheet, the M Sport package was an option. You could order with 19" or 20" wheels. Also the B&O stereo was an option on the premium sound system.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2011, 12:57 AM   #6
Jon D
Brigadier General
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 2022 840d

Quote:
Originally Posted by 727jbh View Post
Does anyone know when active cruise, soft close doors, sport package and the harman kardon sound system will be available on the new 6? And why are these options not available at introduction?
Soft close doors are available in the UK, so I can't see why they wouldn't be in the US. I took a 640i out on demo for the day last week and I didn't know it had the soft close option until I returned the car to the dealer, so it's not something I'd spend my money on, but that's just my opinion.
Lovely car except for the lacklustre electric steering, which is no better than my F10.
Appreciate 0