E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Classifieds Section > 2005 E91 SE 320d / Sparkling Graphite / N.I.

06-10-2011, 02:51 AM   #1
jinjur
yes....spelt with J's
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 325D MSport

2005 E91 SE 320d / Sparkling Graphite / N.I.

Ill keep it simple, our advert is here

Drop me a line if you are interested

Thanks
Andy

Last edited by jinjur; 06-10-2011 at 04:08 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2011, 02:56 AM   #2
davyk31
Major General
Rep
Drives: Macan GTS :-) & F40 M135i

The linky no worky .......

But bit of advice, Gumtree ain't the best for selling cars, put it on something like Usedcarsni, only costs a tenner and a wide audience.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2011, 04:08 AM   #3
jinjur
yes....spelt with J's
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by davyk31 View Post
The linky no worky .......

But bit of advice, Gumtree ain't the best for selling cars, put it on something like Usedcarsni, only costs a tenner and a wide audience.
Its been on PH, NICarfinder/Belfast Telegraph and gumtree for 4 weeks mate.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2011, 05:13 AM   #4
davyk31
Major General
Rep

Oh right, just wondered why you linked to Gumtree, link to Autotrader for all the UK guys to view, gives a better impression than Gumtree to my mind. UsedcarsNI worth a punt too as very cheap and popular in NI especially now they print a magazine too.

And best advice of all .......... consider your pricing carefully, I haven't seen your price but there are quite a few discussions running here about cars not selling then a couple of weeks later thay knock £500 or £1000 off, starting high is attractive as a seller but a lot of buyers will walk on by.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2011, 06:14 AM   #5
jinjur
yes....spelt with J's
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Oh right, just wondered why you linked to Gumtree, link to Autotrader for all the UK guys to view, gives a better impression than Gumtree to my mind. UsedcarsNI worth a punt too as very cheap and popular in NI especially now they print a magazine too.

And best advice of all .......... consider your pricing carefully, I haven't seen your price but there are quite a few discussions running here about cars not selling then a couple of weeks later thay knock £500 or £1000 off, starting high is attractive as a seller but a lot of buyers will walk on by.
Good feedback mate....thanks

Price wise its 6995 which I think is spot on given high mileage (96k) but also the xenons, m-sport half leather, 17's etc......not massive things but they certainly attracted me to it.

I think its a very good price tbh.

J
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2011, 06:29 AM   #6
jinjur
yes....spelt with J's
United Kingdom
Rep

Done!

http://www.usedcarsni.com/73589229
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2011, 07:22 AM   #7
davyk31
Major General
Rep

Looks a nice car and price seems great, a lot of motor for the money and gives someone that "prestige" BMW feel for supermini prices. Also has nice extras and the right engine to appeal to most, GLWS.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2011, 07:23 AM   #8
jinjur
yes....spelt with J's
United Kingdom
Rep

Thanks chap...
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2011, 09:08 AM   #9
JaySTee
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E91 320d SE

seems cheap considering what I paid for mine last autumn although it was less miles and '07. Are cars generally cheaper in N.I?
      06-11-2011, 11:27 AM   #10
gIzzE
Major General
Rep
Drives: F11 + 911 C4

I have bought a couple from NI now, I bought year old E46 320d touring auto from there with everything on it for £20k, next cheapest on the mainland was £26k with the same mileage and spec.

But every one over there reckons they pay more, so maybe there is not much in it?
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2011, 06:50 AM   #11
jinjur
yes....spelt with J's
United Kingdom
Rep

Its a funny old environment over here tbh......people very much shy away form high milers whereas on the mainland, its par for the course.

When we wer buying there was nothign but shite about here so we ended up travelling to manchester to get ours. Much better spec.

J
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2011, 05:25 PM   #12
BenRoss
Registered
Rep
Drives: not yet

Hey everyone,

I am currently on the lookout for a 320d/330d. Having a browse through the classifieds here I realised that I checked this out when I was over visiting friends last week.

Just thought I'd drop a few points in here about this car.

Cosmetically, the car was grand....few dents and scratches. Nothing that one wouldn't expect to see on a 100k miler. Back bumper looks like its had a mash in the past but the seller says he "knew nothing". Car is obviously well (or recently) waxed.

However, I brought a friend, an ex bm master tech who gave the car a thorough going over. In his opinion, the car did have mechanical issues.

The turbo was too loud, low and behold, I come on here and see that the car was remapped in it's past....and badly. Seemingly, the turbo had also failed in the past and this guy fixed it himself. Christ no.

Mate also reckons injectors are shot, very smoky start up, terribly loud clattery idle compared to other 20d's I have seen.

Car feels like it needs the flywheel replaced as it juddered at high revs when revving down. Just a matter of time.

Air con pump was notably loud too, could feel it pumping through the bulkhead when it was on.

Gearbox didn't feel great either, hard to get in to 2nd and you could hear a whirring from the gear knob (which looked like a 200k miler).

Steering wasn't right, quite heavy at times but very floaty and inaccurate at m'way speeds. Not sure if a kds would sort it or not.

All in all, mechanically - tired.

Also, the mpg were showing at 46 or so but a quick look revealed the computer had just been reset. A normal drive up a normal road saw this nose dive to 30 something.

This guy seems VERY tech savvy. He could certainly talk the talk and had an answer for everything. Car wouldn't start when I was there for around 20 minutes, he seemed to know how to fix it.

Not sure if this is a dangerous trait from a seller or not. Hopefully, this will prevent someone wasting their time with the car (as I did ) if they arent up for the above.

Regards
Ben.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2011, 02:10 AM   #13
willhollin
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: VW T5

Garage List
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=546109
      06-23-2011, 03:01 AM   #14
jinjur
yes....spelt with J's
United Kingdom
Rep

Jeepers.....

Thanks alot Ben, character assasination or what?

Car is sold now anyway.

Andy
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2011, 03:06 AM   #15
MEGA
Dieseasal
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: LCI E92 335d M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenRoss View Post
Hey everyone,

I am currently on the lookout for a 320d/330d. Having a browse through the classifieds here I realised that I checked this out when I was over visiting friends last week.

Just thought I'd drop a few points in here about this car.

Cosmetically, the car was grand....few dents and scratches. Nothing that one wouldn't expect to see on a 100k miler. Back bumper looks like its had a mash in the past but the seller says he "knew nothing". Car is obviously well (or recently) waxed.

However, I brought a friend, an ex bm master tech who gave the car a thorough going over. In his opinion, the car did have mechanical issues.

The turbo was too loud, low and behold, I come on here and see that the car was remapped in it's past....and badly. Seemingly, the turbo had also failed in the past and this guy fixed it himself. Christ no.

Mate also reckons injectors are shot, very smoky start up, terribly loud clattery idle compared to other 20d's I have seen.

Car feels like it needs the flywheel replaced as it juddered at high revs when revving down. Just a matter of time.

Air con pump was notably loud too, could feel it pumping through the bulkhead when it was on.

Gearbox didn't feel great either, hard to get in to 2nd and you could hear a whirring from the gear knob (which looked like a 200k miler).

Steering wasn't right, quite heavy at times but very floaty and inaccurate at m'way speeds. Not sure if a kds would sort it or not.

All in all, mechanically - tired.

Also, the mpg were showing at 46 or so but a quick look revealed the computer had just been reset. A normal drive up a normal road saw this nose dive to 30 something.

This guy seems VERY tech savvy. He could certainly talk the talk and had an answer for everything. Car wouldn't start when I was there for around 20 minutes, he seemed to know how to fix it.

Not sure if this is a dangerous trait from a seller or not. Hopefully, this will prevent someone wasting their time with the car (as I did ) if they arent up for the above.

Regards
Ben.
Car has already been sold And jinjur is a good guy imho.. He sold it cheap as it wasn't quite perfect so you get what you pay for.. non?

Nice first post. Deflaming the crap out of a member who's been on here for years.. THAT SAID I do appreciate where you are coming from..
      06-23-2011, 04:41 AM   #16
jinjur
yes....spelt with J's
United Kingdom
Rep

Right, this has REALLY pissed me off since I read it this morning.

Ruined my Crunchy Nut Clusters FFS.

Time to vent.

The seller who bought the car, probably isnt aware of these things you point out, so I most certainly dont appreciate shit like this.

In my opinion, thats not my problem, harsh I know.....but thats life. We bought the car plagued with problems as I didnt have the foresight to join this and other excellent BMW communities before hand. My fault and I accepted that. Had I known that, I more than likely wouldnt have bought a 320d in the first place, I guess I was blind sighted by pretty Xenons and a nice interior instead of looking for a BMW FSH and a warranty (Which IMO is an ABSOLUTE requirement) But anyway, that was that.

Yes, the car was mapped. My journey with this is all over this board if you cared to look.

Yes, the map was pretty bad and yes, it probably took its toll on many parts of the car. The turbo being one and possibly the gearbox.....I dont know. But again, the chap who bought the car......loved it the way it was even with these "problems" you kindly mention.

Regarding the turbo, I think you will find that it is a pretty technical feat to do this and yes, I impressed myself when I did it. Had we intended to keep the car for another 5 years then I probably wouldnt have thought twice sending it to BMW to get it done for peace of mind. But I did it myself with a bargain used turbo, problem?

At the end of the day, the minute that car rolled off our drive I regretted it.

Not because it was an amazing car, the car was actually a ballache for us and one that we couldnt afford to keep going.

Stupid really, but there were serious emotional ties to the car from my wife's perspective (which i wont discuss here but the guys here probably already know) and had I known how that made her feel, I actually wouldnt have sold it. but she didnt tell me till it was gone. And I cant fix that

I am a head over heart guy and my head said "sell"........it wasnt until my wife told me how the car made her feel that my heart took over ffs.

So even with this, woud I have it back? Head says not a chance, heart says yes......even if it continued to cost me money as it was doing.

I did actually approach the chap who bought it shortly after and explained my predicament hoping to buy it back, probably a bit unfair on my part but there was no chance.

I WILL be back in a BMW at some stage of my life, but I think I will just leave it till I can afford to buy and run a good AUC one.

So there you have it......the whole story. You asked for it.

Thanks for being a cock.

p.s. You do know that your moustache made you look like a ball bag right?

Andy
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2011, 04:54 AM   #17
MEGA
Dieseasal
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinjur View Post
p.s. You do know that your moustache made you look like a ball bag right?

06-23-2011, 05:28 AM   #18
Hope
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M5, 435i

Appreciate 0
      06-23-2011, 07:23 AM   #19
davyk31
Major General
Rep

Now I'm curious as to your wife's attachment to the car ???

Agree that the other guy's post was totally uncalled for and out of order. Clearly wanted to spoil your sale and wasn't aware it had gone.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2011, 07:44 AM   #20
MEGA
Dieseasal
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
+1

Did she lose her virginity in it or something? Didn't think you'd had it that long

IMHO It's only metal: And in your case it's metal that kept going bang. So surely the answer if a BMW is wanted is to buy an older 330d E46 which are bulletproof and actually enjoy the BMW experience
      06-23-2011, 07:54 AM   #21
jinjur
yes....spelt with J's
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEGA View Post
+1

Did she lose her virginity in it or something? Didn't think you'd had it that long

IMHO It's only metal: And in your case it's metal that kept going bang. So surely the answer if a BMW is wanted is to buy an older 330d E46 which are bulletproof and actually enjoy the BMW experience

Hey Megs..... Im still a virgin......the milkman isnt though....hmmm.

Quote:

Agree that the other guy's post was totally uncalled for and out of order. Clearly wanted to spoil your sale and wasn't aware it had gone.
Hi Davy,

The guy was a bit of a dick to be honest and spent his time telling me it wasnt worth what I was asking and it would need this at £x and that at £x and that I really should have all this in the advert.

Maybe it does, BUT.....I dont think I have EVER seen an advert outlining all of the faults in a car. EVER!

I guess this was a knee jerk reaction to that. Would be interesting to see what he comes back with.

Im sure I had covered the importance of this car on here but it seems not, p'raps another board...Hmm.

Well, basically....our littl'un was born in the car. For me, that simply represented hygeine issues......but for my wife......well........the significance of this car going didn't transpire till the car was gone. Common occurrance I suppose.

Her take is that she didnt care if the car never ran again, she would have probably kept it forever. This is ACTUALLY exactly what she said when the turbo died. My head/wallet drove the sale, obviously......it shouldnt have.

It has given me serious hurdles to get over at home, drawn alot of feelings/problems to light and I did my best to try to fix it by getting the car back, but that failed.

So to be honest, a wee tyke trying to outline potential issues in a car because they didnt get it, is absolutely, the last thing on my mind.

Just spending my time now to find a car in preparation for our new baby due in a few weeks........probably one with plastic seat covers though.

All very deep for me to be honest.....seeing as I usually spend my time calling people "wankers" and threatening you all with CLIO DOOM(tm).

Life is indeed tricky sometimes eh?

Regards
Andy
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2011, 08:12 AM   #22
MEGA
Dieseasal
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinjur View Post
probably one with plastic seat covers though.
hah.

Sad to hear mate but money means security which means the future for your current and the one on the way. In the long run I think she'll eventually understand... Does sound like a toughie though

Ignore the scrote who posted up. Completely uncalled for and unfair.