E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > Do I need to wax new car

06-18-2011, 11:34 AM   #1
n e x u s
Introducing to BMW
Canada
Rep
Drives: xXx

Do I need to wax new car

Hi guys,

Just got my new car last week. I'm wondering if I need to wax it ? If yes, can you recommend me ? It's for silver color.

Thanks guys,
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2011, 11:37 AM   #2
n e x u s
Introducing to BMW
Canada
Rep

Dealer left fews scratches of their preparation when I get the car, they said that could be repare with some kind of canuba detailing. Any good one for it ?
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2011, 12:40 PM   #3
JohnnyT
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 4Runner. Former 09 328i.

Look at the Detailing 101 sticky in this forum. Tells you all you need to know and then some.

You definitely should wash, clay, polish, and protect the car asap but you seem new to this and going to a pro detailer might be best for you this time around until you learn more.

Don't assume the paint is clean and protected because it is new. Quite the contrary.... Most new cars need considerable detailing work so that it is protected properly early on and it will save you a great deal of heartache later.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2011, 05:57 PM   #4
MuttGrunt
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: beater;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyT View Post
Look at the Detailing 101 sticky in this forum. Tells you all you need to know and then some.

You definitely should wash, clay, polish, and protect the car asap but you seem new to this and going to a pro detailer might be best for you this time around until you learn more.

Don't assume the paint is clean and protected because it is new. Quite the contrary.... Most new cars need considerable detailing work so that it is protected properly early on and it will save you a great deal of heartache later.
JohnnyT is spot on. Read and research, and then you'll find you'll be able to make the choice that works best for your desired maintenance level.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2011, 07:21 AM   #5
n e x u s
Introducing to BMW
Canada
Rep

Thanks. I have wash and wax yesterday, love polish surface when touch it .
Appreciate 0