E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > Delmar Detailing Website

07-08-2011, 03:03 PM   #1
x3man1994
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 X3 2.5

Delmar Detailing Website

Check It out and please give advice. I still need to fill in the services.

http://www.wix.com/delmardetailing/cars
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2011, 03:25 PM   #2
JayKay335i
Banned
Egypt
Rep
Drives: ///M323 DCT

If you want the honest truth....

1) Better camera or photo skills or something. The cars up there just dont look very good.
2) I dont feel safe hiring companies who cant afford their own website (fly by night companies, companies with no customers, etc.) considering hosting is so cheap these days

Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2011, 04:13 PM   #3
dday
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 Alpine White 335 M-Sport

How is this different than the other post where everyone gave you feedback on the site?

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=554420
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2011, 05:55 PM   #4
lopealle
Resident Black Guy
Zimbabwe
Rep
Drives: Lion

Garage List
2006 M5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayKay335i View Post
If you want the honest truth....

1) Better camera or photo skills or something. The cars up there just dont look very good.
2) I dont feel safe hiring companies who cant afford their own website (fly by night companies, companies with no customers, etc.) considering hosting is so cheap these days

Good luck!
THIS
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2011, 07:03 PM   #5
x3man1994
Banned
United_States
Rep

Yeah I only have a point and shoot that never seems to work too well
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2011, 07:21 PM   #6
woodpecka
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: E91

You should also put photos of very luxury cars..
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2011, 08:12 PM   #7
Envious Eric
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: nissan xterra, 335 soon

to be brutally honest, junk that one and hire a pro to do it for you. DONT use a free website maker, thats like someone doing "full paint corrections" with a one step product and a wool pad! HACK! I have a two guys to refer if you want...shoot me an email for their info. enviousdetailing@gmail.com

pictures - only use photos of cars you have worked on, stock photos = hack and havent actually worked on a high end car, but trying to get into the high end market! DONT just put up luxury brand logos either!!! That just looks tacky as well! get a better camera!!!! You can get a DSLR for about $500 bucks...it will, alone, give you better pictures. then once you get the hang of using it, you will adjust settings and get even better photos. If you are set on using a P&S, then take a class on using it properly. You can get some REALLY good photos from a P&S if you know how to use it!

You really need more flair and elegance to your site. Its too boring and uninformative! Take a look around at other detailing site...you will be able to see the differences rather easily!
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2011, 09:49 PM   #8
ceb
NHTSA Nazi
Rep
Drives: 335ix

Agree with the other posters. A P&S camera is fine if you understand the limitations of the camera. The photos now don't make it clear if they are before or after. The Volvo front seat looks shiny and the carpet looks stained.

You shouldn't use pictures unless you look at the pictures and say "wow." Right now the pictures say "eh."

The young lass is quite cute but she appears to be an artifact of the design program.

Oh - never, ever post sideways pictures. If you don't know how to rotate the photo then don't rotate the camera. Don't make people scroll to get to the navigation tabs.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2011, 10:16 PM   #9
Brian_TII
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 e90 330i 6spd

Hmm... I can't view it since it's all flash based.... Ugh
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2011, 10:50 PM   #10
Brian_TII
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 e90 330i 6spd

Ok, watched on a computer... I wouldn't leave all the comments in the video discussing pricing, web site plans, "if I can figure out how"... not very confidence inspiring.

Also I'm not sure what language that is on the "Services" tab... but it's not English and I can't read it.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2011, 04:47 PM   #11
x3man1994
Banned
United_States
Rep

Just updated it, what should I change?

Appreciate 0
      07-12-2011, 05:53 PM   #12
dday
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 Alpine White 335 M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by x3man1994 View Post
Just updated it, what should I change?

1. you really need to get the site of of wix
2. Your services are too much text, you just need bullet points of what's offered along with pricing. You also use the phrase "we then" far too often. On the exterior detail section 3 sentences in a row start with "we then"
3. Why do you use an APC on the interior? That seems pretty agressive
4. You need much better pictures on your site. I would have left the site as soon as seeing the pictures.
5. the site navigation is buried at the bottom of the page, your homepage has zero info, make it easy for people to get to the content.
6. Don't promise what you can't deliver, you say "your car will look brand new" but you simply can't promise that for all cars. Also there's no mentioned of polishing so for many cars it won't even look close to new.
7. I know you're young and trying to build a side business, and with that in mind I wouldn't detail engine compartments. If you get some water in the wrong spot someones car might not start and you could be looking at a lawsuit. Stick to interior and exterior detailing that's what 99% of your customers will want anyways.

Last edited by dday; 07-12-2011 at 06:00 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2011, 08:31 PM   #13
x3man1994
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dday View Post
1. you really need to get the site of of wix
2. Your services are too much text, you just need bullet points of what's offered along with pricing. You also use the phrase "we then" far too often. On the exterior detail section 3 sentences in a row start with "we then"
3. Why do you use an APC on the interior? That seems pretty agressive
4. You need much better pictures on your site. I would have left the site as soon as seeing the pictures.
5. the site navigation is buried at the bottom of the page, your homepage has zero info, make it easy for people to get to the content.
6. Don't promise what you can't deliver, you say "your car will look brand new" but you simply can't promise that for all cars. Also there's no mentioned of polishing so for many cars it won't even look close to new.
7. I know you're young and trying to build a side business, and with that in mind I wouldn't detail engine compartments. If you get some water in the wrong spot someones car might not start and you could be looking at a lawsuit. Stick to interior and exterior detailing that's what 99% of your customers will want anyways.
Thanks, everyone that we have done so far has been very pleased. The pictures on that website honestly don't do the cars justice. The only real reason I made that website was so if people wanted to see a few examples of cars we had done they could see the pictures that are up there. The sony cyber 'shit' I use was good when it was new but at this point is very obsolete.
Appreciate 0