E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > Love the beach but salty water beads made for a mess.

07-16-2011, 05:45 PM   #1
JohnnyT
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 4Runner. Former 09 328i.

Love the beach but salty water beads made for a mess.

Spent the past week down the Jersey shore. Every night the salty air leaves tons of salt residue on the truck. One night it rained for about an hour and it collected the salt on the car and made "salty beads" for lack of a better word.

Next morning, tajpke the car out to go golfing in the bright sunshine and with heat from under and over, incinerated those beads. This was 3 days ago and thought nothing of it until I drove home earlier today, washed the car, and there were bead etchings everywhere on the hood and front sides only. I took some Menzerna Power Finish and polished the hood by hand and that got rid of them. Followed with 845. Took some hard work but Power Finish did the job. I attribute it being possible by hand because i had 845 on there before. Been a long day and I didn't feel up to breaking out the PC.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2011, 08:30 PM   #2
dday
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 Alpine White 335 M-Sport

I would think using the PC would have been way less work than by hand
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2011, 02:16 AM   #3
TOGWT
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 630i

Living by the beach require you use a wax as a sacrificial barrier, plus IronX decontamination becomes vehicles your best friend
Appreciate 0