E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > Cleaning & Keeping Clean Beige Leather/Interior

07-20-2011, 08:52 PM   #1
G559
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5M

Cleaning & Keeping Clean Beige Leather/Interior

I searched this site for cleaners/conditioners and have decided to go with Leatherique for my leather. This is my first car with a light leather interior so please bare with me. It's less than 3 weeks old but I have already noticed my seat sort of getting stains from dark denim.

- I am going to purchase the Leatherique Rejuvinator and Prestine Clean for the leather. What should I use to apply them with? Regular 100% microfiber cloth?

- What product should I use for the dash? The wood trim? Steering wheel?

- Carpets are also light colored, but I have black mats, but just incase some of the exposed carpet gets dirty, what should I use for that?
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2011, 11:25 PM   #2
Brentster
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 (his) 2011 e90 (hers)

I use a round foam applicator to apply the leather conditioner and after 15 minutes of soaking, I wipe off the seats down with a microfiber cloth.

Aerospace 303 for the dash, doors, and steering wheel

The wood trim has an acrylic like coating so I use Stoner's glass cleaner on it.

Take the mats out, vacuum them, spray them with all purpose cleaner, and scrub with a brush. Use this same method on the carpets as well.

Last edited by Brentster; 07-20-2011 at 11:34 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2011, 09:27 AM   #3
Detailed Image
United_States
Rep
Drives: Detailed by Detailed Image

The Leatherique Prestine Clean and Leatherique Rejuvenator Oil is an outstanding combination I'm confident you'll love. Check out the application guide for Leatherique here.

For carpets, dashboard, doors, console, etc. I'd recommend the 303 Cleaner & Spot Remover. Just spray it directly on the carpets and agitate statins, for the interior just spray it on a microfiber towel and wipe the desired areas. It can be used on the steering wheel and wood trim as well. The 303 Aerospace Protectant protects just about the whole interior (vinyl, plastic, rubber, leather). It blocks out UV rays and preserves the finish so apply it to the dashboard, doors, console, arm rests, exterior trim, rubber moldings, etc. etc. I wouldn't use any protectant on the wheel because you don't want to risk any problems with your grip while driving, but it can also be used on the wood trim. It's also on sale this month so it's a great time to stock up! Protecting the carpets and mats is super easy just mist the 303 High Tech Fabric Guard on them and you are done! It will help repel moisture while keeping the fibers flexible and soft.

If you follow these basic pre-cautions your vehicle will look great for years to come and keep the re-sale value up! If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask. Take care!

Greg @ DI
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2011, 01:11 PM   #4
G559
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5M

How often should 303 Protectant be applied?
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2011, 01:30 PM   #5
Brentster
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 (his) 2011 e90 (hers)

The 303 is incredible and looks great for weeks. Probably reapply every 3 or 4 weeks.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2011, 10:28 AM   #6
Detailed Image
United_States
Rep
Drives: Detailed by Detailed Image

Quote:
Originally Posted by G559 View Post
How often should 303 Protectant be applied?
Depends on conditions but roughly once a month.

Greg @ DI
Appreciate 0