E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > 335d low on oil and AUC

08-01-2011, 12:14 PM   #1
confused.com
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335d

335d low on oil and AUC

Hi Guys,

A questions for those in the know.

Purchased an e92 335D MS approx 2 months ago on the AUC. Checked the oil a few times before and it was fine and on the max mark. I checked it this AM before setting of before work (cold i know) and it was sat exactly on min. I left the car for the day and picked up some Castrol SLX from BMW just incase it was low, ive taken the car for a 15min drive and re-checked and its still showing just a little above min - have i lost a litre???

I will take it out for a longer drive in a bit but just thought id ask if i need to check anywhere for oil loss - nothing on drive way.

Also, not sure if its just me, but ive never been blown away by the cars performance, its quick dont get me wrong, but some of the stuff ive read online made me think i was buying a borderline supercar So anyway, ive checked the red boost pipe, its nice and clean and i havnt spotted any leaks on the floor pan.

When in the dealer earlier (BMW Oxford), i spoke to the service dept about this and asked if i could bring the car in to makesure its ok - i was told if nothing is found to be an issue then i will have to pay for the check - is that correct? Its on AUC under warrenty.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2011, 12:28 PM   #2
wza
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by confused.com View Post
Hi Guys,

A questions for those in the know.

Purchased an e92 335D MS approx 2 months ago on the AUC. Checked the oil a few times before and it was fine and on the max mark. I checked it this AM before setting of before work (cold i know) and it was sat exactly on min. I left the car for the day and picked up some Castrol SLX from BMW just incase it was low, ive taken the car for a 15min drive and re-checked and its still showing just a little above min - have i lost a litre???

I will take it out for a longer drive in a bit but just thought id ask if i need to check anywhere for oil loss - nothing on drive way.

Also, not sure if its just me, but ive never been blown away by the cars performance, its quick dont get me wrong, but some of the stuff ive read online made me think i was buying a borderline supercar So anyway, ive checked the red boost pipe, its nice and clean and i havnt spotted any leaks on the floor pan.

When in the dealer earlier (BMW Oxford), i spoke to the service dept about this and asked if i could bring the car in to makesure its ok - i was told if nothing is found to be an issue then i will have to pay for the check - is that correct? Its on AUC under warrenty.
I had my oil light come on a few months after getting mine, topped it up, and haven't had to do anything since (though has had an oil change in that time). I done a bit of searching and I think some cars get through oil quicker than others, some BM owners who have had cars they have had to top up monthly, whilst others don't need topping up at all. Bare in mind, the car won't be empty of oil, just needs a litre or so.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2011, 01:46 PM   #3
confused.com
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by wza View Post
I had my oil light come on a few months after getting mine, topped it up, and haven't had to do anything since (though has had an oil change in that time). I done a bit of searching and I think some cars get through oil quicker than others, some BM owners who have had cars they have had to top up monthly, whilst others don't need topping up at all. Bare in mind, the car won't be empty of oil, just needs a litre or so.
Thanks for the info buddy, just re-checked and its about 5mm below max now, which i think is ok? correct me if im wrong.

Still abit miffed about the performance and where i stand with getting it checked for piece of mind under warrenty.
Appreciate 0