E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > Servicing

08-08-2011, 06:24 AM   #1
Dannyrado
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: A big gold navara

Servicing

Hi guys,

I have a '58 335d E92.

Now, in the last year it's done something silly like 2 or 3k miles, for one reason and another.
Anyway it's just had the first MOT done by a local garage, and they've reset the MOT warning on the iDrive "stat insp", but they are telling me that they think it might need a service too.
I don't think it does. It had it's first service bang on time, at BMW, but that'll be 13-14 months ago now i guess. The next thing showing on the iDrive is rear pads @15K.

My local BMW dealer tells me it doesn't need a service.

Whos right?

The mileage is 12k btw.

Last edited by Dannyrado; 08-08-2011 at 06:45 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2011, 10:58 AM   #2
AlwynMike
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F36 440i GC.

The iDrive will tell you when it needs an Oil Service, which is (generally) mileage based. There is also another service that is (again, broadly) time based. At this latter service, it will be just a check round, and maybe top up the washer bottle, and if it is a good dealer, he will check the tyre pressures(!) But the oil service is separate from this.

Take heed of the iDrive, unless you want to look after your car and change the oil at "halfway"

Mike
Appreciate 0