E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > Possible Supension problems: need help

08-19-2011, 09:07 AM   #1
man33sh
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E92 330D Auto

Possible Supension problems: need help

Hi...

Driving a 07 E92 330D SE...

Just noticed (or imagining) that the rear of my car appears to have lowered...It definitely is significantly lower than the front of the car...Checked the tyres and my rear tyres are nearly done ....Its only done 10,000 miles max...The other thing I have noticed is a rattling in the front suspension area when driving on cobble streets or when going over speed bumps with passengers in the rear....

Have'nt noticed much change in the handling or smoothness of the ride but then I changed the tyres to non-RFT's recently so I probably wouldnt notice much...

Any advice? Planning to get it looked at but currently based in the north (based in essex usually) and wondering if anyone knows of any good indie/BMW garages in the Hull/Dewsbury/Leeds area?

While I am at it can I also pick all ur brains on another potential issue I am having....After driving on motorways at speed for a while and then come back down to say 70mph, I notice a kind of missing in the engine (best way I can describe it) almost as if the engine doesnt have enough fuel getting through...Dont know if that makes any sense...Not a major problem at present but wonder if any one knows what it could be?

Thanks in advance for all the help...

Maneesh
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2011, 03:51 PM   #2
m1bjr
LSD - No, you're not seeing things
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Baby F36 Gran Coupe

Rear often looks lower than front due to enlarged front wing clearances on the coupe.
Measure from the sills to the floor at front and back to be sure, on level ground.

10k from rears is okay on a big powerful car, unless its all motorway cruise and I would expect 30k or so.

Knocking sounds - do you have yellow Bilstein front struts by any chance>?
      08-20-2011, 10:43 AM   #3
man33sh
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E92 330D Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1bjr View Post
Rear often looks lower than front due to enlarged front wing clearances on the coupe.
Measure from the sills to the floor at front and back to be sure, on level ground.

10k from rears is okay on a big powerful car, unless its all motorway cruise and I would expect 30k or so.

Knocking sounds - do you have yellow Bilstein front struts by any chance>?
Thanks for the advice will have a look at it...

Dont think I have Bilstein struts...
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2011, 04:18 PM   #4
Giff
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90

The E9X series seem to break a few rear coil springs.
Appreciate 0