Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Tire Pressure Low / TPM Malfunction .. Help & Suggestions Please

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

08-23-2011, 02:16 PM   #1
ultraslan
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i

Tire Pressure Low / TPM Malfunction .. Help & Suggestions Please

I drive a 2007 335i coupe . It is an US car with after market 19 inch rims. I been getting the tire low light on for the front left tire for about couple months now and I didn't mind it at first. I checked the tire pressures and reset the tire pressure monitor,, still no luck . Same front left tire says its LOW.

I tried taking it to the dealer and they said " they have checked and adjusted the tire pressures and restarted TPM and the light still came on... And said they will start charging $120/h if they go ahead to find the problem." Well that sounded unfair to me since they dont even know whats causing this and they want to start charging me?!

Then i took the car to local tire shop they checked the tire pressure sensor and said it was fine and the light is still one. Now I don't know what is causing this.

If you have had the same problem or have an idea of what it could be please help me out here because the light is starting to bug me now. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2011, 02:19 PM   #2
tibra1
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2011 ZCP M3 - 2007 335i crashd

Does it also say "Inactive" or just the low pressure light yellow

Name:  00.jpg
Views: 57965
Size:  9.8 KB

I was getting the exclamation point w Inactive on the bottom swaped out two bad sensors in the rear and had the dealer re-program it..
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2011, 03:03 PM   #3
bavarianx
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 X5 4.4i

If its says "inactive" then the sensor has "stopped" working, if it is just giving the wrong reading it could be due to damage to the sensor or a contaminate getting in the pressure reader on the sensor, either way it will need to be replaced.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2011, 04:07 PM   #4
ultraslan
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i

yea i does say inactive sometimes.
Appreciate 0