Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Winter tire shortages this season.

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

Closed Thread

09-13-2011, 11:16 AM   #1
Gary@TireRack
United_States
Rep
Drives: Formerly 1995 M3

Winter tire shortages this season.

If you've been here awhile you know that I typically discourage people from buying winter tires too early in the season as we typically see newer models released in mid to late September. However, I've been keeping an eye on incoming winter tire shipments and foresee a general shortage in some popular E90 tire sizes. While I'm not able to divulge detailed inventory figures, it appears that many tire manufacturers have either under forecasted , had supply issues, or were taken by surprise with the longer /harsher than normal winter season last year. Whatever the exact reason is, it appears that we are much more likely than in past seasons to sell out early.

Some sizes are of particular concern. Currently the size 225/40R18 appears to be at the highest risk to sell out early. This is a popular size to use for winter use as it fits both the front and rear BMW OE 18" staggered wheels. If you've had your heart set on using your OE 18" wheels with this size all around or have been looking at an 18" winter tire package then you may want to act sooner rather than later.

I'll keep this thread updated as more sizes start to become in danger of selling out.

*********Updated 11/15/2011

225/40R18 :

-Michelin XiceXI2 are sold out for the season in all warehouses. The Blizzak WS60 is now the last aggressive studless compound winter tires left for 225/40R18 and in 235/40R18. All other winter tires in these sizes are performance snow tires.

-Michelin Pilot Alpin PA3 is getting low in stock in all warehouses. Once this tire sells, the Blizzak LM60 will likely be the last performance winter tire in 225/40R18 available for this year.

225/45R17 :

-Michelin XiceXI2 are sold out in all warehouses. These tires are on backorder with no ETA available so I would not count on them being in stock before the end of this year. The nearest comparable in this size is the Bridgestone Blizzak WS70.

-Continental Extreme Winter Contact is sold out in all warehouses and not likely to be back in stock before years end. Nearest comparable tire is the Blizzak WS70.

Please don't forget to refer to 'Gary/E90Post' when you order online so that I can look over the order and get the forum credit for the sale.

Here is a direct link to the winter tires area :

http://www.tirerack.com/a.jsp?a=AH8&...nter/index.jsp

Please refer to 'Gary/E90 Post' as your previous contact when you order online to help support this forum.

Last edited by Gary@TireRack; 11-15-2011 at 04:12 PM..
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread