E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > Sport pakage but no 18"rim

10-18-2005, 11:15 AM   #1
underDAWG
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E30 on Stands

Sport pakage but no 18"rim

I went to to dealer and took a closer look of the Sport package. I like everyting the SP offered except the 18" rims. It is not my cup of tea, just too ricer for me. What is my alternative?
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2005, 06:46 PM   #2
JonnyCrash
Driver
Canada
Rep
Drives: VW GTI, BMW X5 40i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by underDAWG
I went to to dealer and took a closer look of the Sport package. I like everyting the SP offered except the 18" rims. It is not my cup of tea, just too ricer for me. What is my alternative?
First off, you're in a good position: your tires will cost you less, your ride won't be as harsh and your car will still look good. But, changing something from a-la-carte to a special arrangement is always tricky. The thing to remember, though, is that the 18" rims that come with the Sports package are worth more and generally more desired than the standard 17" rims. Bearing that in mind, here are some options for you:

1. Work out a deal on the car, and then discuss them giving you 17" wheels of your choice, as well as money back (ie. difference of retail price between the 18" package and a BMW 17" package). They should be able to do this, particularly because people are going to go to the dealership wanting the 18" SP rims!

2. Buy the car with the rims, and immidiately sell them on Ebay. This works well, but you have to arrange to buy some 17" rims and tires before your car comes in... otherwise you're not driving anyplace for a while.

3. Buy a 325i instead of a 330i; if the rims aren't your cup of tea, you may find the extra power exessive as well! The 325i is a great car.

Now, the big problem with #1 and #2 is if you're leasing the car... in that case, they will likely ding you for not having the original wheels when you bring the car back. In that case, buy yourself some 17" wheels, store the 18" ones and just replace them when you turn the car back in...

Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2005, 01:16 AM   #3
lux.sh
missing two turbos.
United_States
Rep
Drives: fast around corners.

Garage List
lol. 162 and rice do NOT go together. To each on your own I guess.

I would say, just get it and sell it here. 162 is so damn popular between
e90 owners.

: Prior Design Front : ACS Rear : ACS Roof : BlackLines : Simota Intake : Carbon Fiber Interior Trim :
: MTEC V3 : 24% Charcoal : V1 Hardwired : Solaris Invisibulbs/LED interior :
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2005, 08:44 AM   #4
underDAWG
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E30 on Stands

Thanks gentlemen for the thoughtful replies. It looks like I will get the sport package after all. May be I will get used to the big rims. If I really don’t like it, I can always unload them; since there is a demand for the 162 rims. If I decide to keep them, I probably need to get a set of winter rims and tires. Cheers.

uD
Appreciate 0