E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Procede v5 Aggressive maps (RB+SBO+Meth)... 478whp / 480lb-ft with AFR

10-08-2011, 12:34 AM   #1
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Lot

Garage List
Exclamation Procede v5 Aggressive maps (RB+SBO+Meth)... 478whp / 480lb-ft with AFR

So today, we tested the new v5 Aggressive maps on anonomouse's RB Turbo equipped 6MT. Unlike most other cars running upgraded turbos, this one doesn't have Full Bolt-ons. Instead, it has Some Bolt-ons (SBO). It is still running the STOCK exhaust system with STOCK secondary cars. As a result, the car looks and sounds stock on the road. But it makes an extra 200whp!

Fuel: 91oct
Methanol Mix (when used): 70/30
Mods: Procede Rev2.5+PWM Meth, Catless DP, FMIC and DCIs.

Correction factor today was 1.0. Which means that these are also actual/uncorrected numbers.

On the dyno:

Stock exhaust with tailpipe mounted Innovate wideband sensor:

First we tested the car running the previous 7.29 maps (upgraded turbo version) that we set up a couple months ago when we installed the PWM meth kit. Today was the first time the car was EVER put on the dyno. Running the previous maps at 14.5psi/100%IC (91oct) and 16.5psi/0%IC (91+Meth), it did:

Next, we uploaded (with no adaptation runs) the new v5 Aggressive map and compared it to the previous 7.29 map. Picked up 20whp from 4300rpm and up:

Next, we switched over to the Methanol map and MANY runs. The results were nice. Consistent big power. And I suspect once the exhaust is upgraded (with secondary cats removed), it will make over 500whp with no changes to the tune.

Compared to the previous 91+meth map, the gains were substantial:

And a datalog:

And here's a video comparing the in-dash AFR gauge to the tailpipe mounted Innovate wideband sensor:

So it turns out you can easily run 125+mph trap speeds while looking and sounding stock

Cheers,
shiv

Last edited by OpenFlash; 10-08-2011 at 01:00 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2011, 12:36 AM   #2
FastBimmerN54
Banned
Italy
Rep
Drives: Seats and a Steering Wheel

And an AFR run for all those drinking haterade. Nice.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2011, 12:39 AM   #3
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastBimmerN54 View Post
Yes, we recalibrated the AFR reads to read like a tailpipe mounted wideband sensor. Which will actually read a bit LEANER than actual due to fresh air contamination. Especially in the cases, like this one, were there are catalytic converters in the exhaust stream.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2011, 12:58 AM   #4
EastBayE90
Formerly (-(ellblazer420
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 E90 335i M/T, 15 F80 M3 DCT

Garage List
More great results. Shiv and his workshop have been busy bees lately. Keep up the good work!

(410whp 445ft/lbs | DCI + Meth Only)
OpenFlash OTS Stage 1 Flash | Vishnu PWM Meth Kit | Vishnu DCI| Forge DVs
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2011, 01:46 AM   #5
badass335
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 540i Xdrive

Impressive
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2011, 02:06 AM   #6
Mr_PharmD
Major
Rep
Drives: 335i coupe

any AFR with the RB + meth runs?
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2011, 02:40 AM   #7
Aridk
Lieutenant
Denmark
Rep
Drives: 335i

Veen following all these threads with interrest and this was the one I was looking forward to the most just a bit disapointed you didn't ru 93-94 octane. Would have veen a good comparision to Denzos homebrew of a setup :-)
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2011, 03:03 AM   #8
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aridk View Post
Veen following all these threads with interrest and this was the one I was looking forward to the most just a bit disapointed you didn't ru 93-94 octane. Would have veen a good comparision to Denzos homebrew of a setup :-)
In CA, 91 is the best you can get without going to a race gas station. Even if we did have access to 93-94, I wouldn't go for a glory run in a customer car. More interested in getting repeatable numbers as shown in the results above.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2011, 03:16 AM   #9
Aridk
Lieutenant
Denmark
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aridk View Post
In CA, 91 is the best you can get without going to a race gas station. Even if we did have access to 93-94, I wouldn't go for a glory run in a customer car. More interested in getting repeatable numbers as shown in the results above.
I know even though you say it's not a glory-run it's still impresive :-)

Had just hoped for 93 oct numbers since you did it In the other agressive runs!
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2011, 07:39 AM   #10
Irishace
ElevenPointFive
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 335

Darn good results there Shiv. You really think the secondary cats + stock exhaust rob 20-25whp?
      10-08-2011, 07:42 AM   #11
scottp999
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 4runner SR5

Garage List
2007 BMW 335  [9.00]
Very nice. Now was this Aggressive map a dedicated upgraded turbo map? If so, do you see different settings needed for say ASR or RB's, or will one map auto tune for both?
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2011, 07:56 AM   #12
pits200
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 335i X-Drive Black Sapphire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishace View Post
Darn good results there Shiv. You really think the secondary cats + stock exhaust rob 20-25whp?
Its probably because of the upgraded turbos. On stock turbos its probably less than 10whp.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2011, 08:01 AM   #13
enrita
Major General
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 335i - Big turbos

great runs Shiv! Car seems very happy.
07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD E85 BMS flash - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Snow Stg. 3 - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2011, 10:45 AM   #14
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishace View Post
At this exhaust flow level, I think so. the factory exhaust is very restrictive above 400whp. Most people only see 10-15whp gains when running FBO with stock turbos in the 380-400whp range. Trying to push 480whp worth of exhaust gasses through what is essentially a restrictor plug is causing a much greater power loss.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2011, 11:43 AM   #15
Tzu
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastBimmerN54 View Post
And for those drinking the kool-aid, you understand that this is the president, chief tuner, designer and PR all wrapped up in the same person right? Think about that. Would he post "well, turns out our system has been running lean and we sold XXX units so now all of them are running poorly. OOPS"

Re-calibrated? Because you hold all of the above titles, its too easy for you to tune on spot for the results you want. My results and others on this forum, counteract your results without the use of a formula to scale output. Sorry, thats a FACT.

FACT 2: I did get it to work better by adjusting some parameters. I'm not totally unhappy with Vishnu. The deceit is a little unfortunate to those who dont care though.

If you want to believe your car runs EXACTLY as posted on these forums, then you are incorrect. This applies to ANY tune on the market, not just the procede.

Since no one believes me anyway, drop a procede in, throw on some DP widebands, and see how it runs out of the box. I'm done here.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2011, 12:21 PM   #16
FastBimmerN54
Banned
Italy
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzu View Post
And for those drinking the kool-aid, you understand that this is the president, chief tuner, designer and PR all wrapped up in the same person right? Think about that. Would he post "well, turns out our system has been running lean and we sold XXX units so now all of them are running poorly. OOPS"

Re-calibrated? Because you hold all of the above titles, its too easy for you to tune on spot for the results you want. My results and others on this forum, counteract your results without the use of a formula to scale output. Sorry, thats a FACT.

FACT 2: I did get it to work better by adjusting some parameters. I'm not totally unhappy with Vishnu. The deceit is a little unfortunate to those who dont care though.

If you want to believe your car runs EXACTLY as posted on these forums, then you are incorrect. This applies to ANY tune on the market, not just the procede.

Since no one believes me anyway, drop a procede in, throw on some DP widebands, and see how it runs out of the box. I'm done here.
You act like your motor is blown or something. Quit crying your car is fine and the tune has always been fine. Theres 1000's of members with a procede, all fine.
Theres a handful of members on here crying about nothing. If the tune was in fact so lean where are the burnt motors?

If your done then stop trolling every thread like anyone gives a damn. Until you pop a motor NOBODY cares. And you havn't and nobody has.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2011, 12:24 PM   #17
Syndicategt
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Can't wait to get mine on your dyno, will be nice to see FBO + RB's. She's still in the shop getting the turbos on.
2008 BMW 335i e90 - Sold - Rob Beck Turbos / PROcede V5 / Aquamist HFS-4 / AR Downpipes / AE Exhaust / ER Comp FMIC / ER CP / TiAL BOV / Custom Intake / RPI Scoops / Quaife LSD / Swift-Koni Coilovers / DSS HS / Morr VS8.2 Sig Black / Michelin PSS / P3 Boost Guage / M3 body / M3 steering wheel / Adam's Rotors / Hawk HPS / SS lines /
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2011, 12:24 PM   #18
secretsquirrel
Colonel
Rep
Drives: f80

^^^ what hardware revision and software version did you do your testing against?
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2011, 12:28 PM   #19
FastBimmerN54
Banned
Italy
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretsquirrel View Post
^^^ what hardware revision and software version did you do your testing against?
It doesn't even matter. Although the new maps do run richer the old maps were still good enough. Everyone's motor is in tact. No motors were detonating from crazy lean AFR. This is a direct injection car. People crying over spilled milk when the milk is still in the fridge.
All these kids want to see 11 AFR like they are running diesel tractors. Now all of a sudden members are tuners? please...
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2011, 12:29 PM   #20
Skydive
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 E90 335i

I'm not doubting your results, but I'd like to understand what's different. Before my car got whacked a few days ago, I was running the beta NonFBO meth maps, that were sent out last week. (My car is running Stock+91+Rev 2.5+PWM Kit.) I lashed up a well placed external AFR Sensor using a 1.5 inch shim with an O2 Sensor bung. Low and behold, my results were nice even 12s with no post-shift weirdness. I had lowered to boost by 1 PSI on both maps because I'm old, but the maps are otherwise untweaked.

I encourage you to post your logs and ask your questions. You and a few others keep saying things about AFRs, but none of you share data. It concerned me enough to go and get my own data. I'm not having the same result.

I'd like to help if I can. Are you running v2.0 or v2.5? Which maps? Meth?

I don't think it's fair to poke at Vishnu so hard because things are better than they once were. Clearly and fortunately for us, they learn things too.

-Michael

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzu View Post

10-08-2011, 12:33 PM   #21
anonemouse
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Santorini Blue F80 M3

Maybe someday I'll remove the restrictions, but for me trading off the extra power for a stock look and sound is worth it for the surprise factor.

So if you are in NorCal that slightly dirty Montego blue 335 sitting next to you may surprise you

A.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2011, 12:36 PM   #22
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep
Drives: C6 Z06, 09 335i, 10 335xi

In an ideal world we could run 14.7 AFR (stoich) no problem. What happens is we need a way to reduce the heat so on port injection cars we used more fuel to aid in suppressing detonation or pre detonation. With our direct injection car you are now allowed to run even leaner then port injection cars and I think a few people fail to understand this. If on a port injection car you could run 11.4 to 11.8 AFR this car can easily run 1.0 leaner if not more, safely. I have seen no evidence myself to suggest there is a problem. I dont see anyone with popped motors, or burnt plugs or melted pistons, so how lean is too lean? Well clearly we arent there yet and everyones tunes including Vishnu's is getting richer so we've been safe for what 4 years going on 5? Not sure what all the hype is....
Appreciate 0