2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums Regional Forums USA - Mid-Atlantic Benchmade Proper FTMFW!

10-08-2011, 07:53 PM   #1
boom
My X5d tows my spec miata to the track.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 X5 35d

Benchmade Proper FTMFW!

I thought I would share pix of my new exhaust. I'm a 335 but I thought you guys might also be interested. I bought the exhaust from a local guy in Maryland. He had had it made by a company in Elkridge called Benchmade Proper, www.benchmadeproper.com. It's a 3" downpipe back exhaust with vibrant cylinder resonators and vibrant oval resonators. It has quad tips that are amazing. Everything is 304 stainless and tig welded by the owners, Joe and Brian. I took the exhaust to them after a day of trying to hang it on jackstands with a torn rotator cuff. I just couldn't pull it off and I also wanted to develop a relationship with them as I may expected to have the exhaust modified to my specs should there be drone or poor fitment, etc. I went this morning and had the exhaust hung and the bumper cut. Benchmade Proper is really small shop and just starting out but they are starting for the right reasons. They don't cut corners or overpromise. The materials are quality and they're willing to accommodate all requests. Their workmanship speaks for itself. I'm really happy with how it turned out. Joe cut my stock bumper and it looks great. I expected to end up buying an Mtech if this didn't work out but I'm completely satisfied. Enough with the typing...

The exhaust gets obtrusive around 2300 rpm but only under load in 6th. It doesn't drone it more like booms. I'm considering adding sound canisters (similar to what's used on a G37) in the near future. Joe knew exactly what I was talking about when I talked with him. In fact, he was doing that exact same thing for an RSX later today.

I'm very pleased. The quality, fitment, and attention to detail that Benchmade delivers is awesome.
Appreciate 0