E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA > Turbo Replace?

10-13-2011, 02:49 PM   #1
08Bwags
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan

Turbo Replace?

Need some opinions...

I have a 2007 335i sedan and the turbo waste gate rattle is slowly getting worse. On cold starts its extremely obvious but when the car warms up its not herd as often, but, is still herd at times.

My question is, do you think I can or what are the chances of getting BMW to replace my turbos before the warranty is up. My warranty is up Nov 26th of this year. It's getting close and I don't want to replace these things down the street and pay 1000's for something thats "becoming" faulty. I already took my car in once with the same complaint and all they did was reconnect the rear exhaust flap. Also, my car went into limp mode about a month ago for loss of boost and misfire. When they returned that car to me they just said they upgraded my computer and they said I had poor fuel quality (I have only put 93 in since I owned the car)

What do you guys think? I just booked another appointment to have them look at this problem. I think when I drop the car off I am going to have the mechanic come out and listen to the rattle that I'm talking about.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2011, 03:22 PM   #2
madeinhongkong
Brigadier General
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: e90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08Bwags View Post
Need some opinions...

I have a 2007 335i sedan and the turbo waste gate rattle is slowly getting worse. On cold starts its extremely obvious but when the car warms up its not herd as often, but, is still herd at times.

My question is, do you think I can or what are the chances of getting BMW to replace my turbos before the warranty is up. My warranty is up Nov 26th of this year. It's getting close and I don't want to replace these things down the street and pay 1000's for something thats "becoming" faulty. I already took my car in once with the same complaint and all they did was reconnect the rear exhaust flap. Also, my car went into limp mode about a month ago for loss of boost and misfire. When they returned that car to me they just said they upgraded my computer and they said I had poor fuel quality (I have only put 93 in since I owned the car)

What do you guys think? I just booked another appointment to have them look at this problem. I think when I drop the car off I am going to have the mechanic come out and listen to the rattle that I'm talking about.

If your car is modded make sure you take out the DPs and they should replace the wastegates. How many miles u got? Thank make an appt in a week and bitch again and they should replace the turbos if not go the third time and they will def do it. Just threaten to contact BMW OF NA and that you car is still rattle. G Luck
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2011, 03:36 PM   #3
08Bwags
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost2Perfection View Post
If your car is modded make sure you take out the DPs and they should replace the wastegates. How many miles u got? Thank make an appt in a week and bitch again and they should replace the turbos if not go the third time and they will def do it. Just threaten to contact BMW OF NA and that you car is still rattle. G Luck
Thanks man, I will be sure to take the mods off. It has almost 39,000. I don't want to but if they don't do anything I guess I'll have to pull out the BMW NA card
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2011, 04:39 PM   #4
2jzn54
Captain
Rep
Drives: 07 E90 335i 6MT

You dealing with Holtz? or BMW of Roc w.e they are called now? They are good guys over there. Just bring it to the shop and before your leave just have someone listen to the rattle outside or inside whatever drives the point home.. provide a lil rev so they can actually hear it. Definitely pop out mods though. Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2011, 04:50 PM   #5
08Bwags
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssharma View Post
You dealing with Holtz? or BMW of Roc w.e they are called now? They are good guys over there. Just bring it to the shop and before your leave just have someone listen to the rattle outside or inside whatever drives the point home.. provide a lil rev so they can actually hear it. Definitely pop out mods though. Good luck!
Thanks for the reply, Yeah. I'll make sure I rev it a bit and pop the hood so they know exactly what I'm talking about. I WANT NEW TURBOS!
Appreciate 0