BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

12-03-2011, 07:09 PM   #1
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Wheel paint

When I was looking at the pictures of the 1M that IND prepared I thought the HR wheels look great basically because of the paint finish on them. Then, I remembered a BMW wheel that I admired at the time, the E39 M5's style 65 "shadow line" wheels, here there is a link with photos:

http://www.e39m5.net/style-65-e39-m5-alloy-wheels

This paint I think is the exact finish that I would like to see on my VO 1M's stock wheels. Anyone here has an idea, can I just go and ask a BMW service or a speciality shop to paint my wheels on this exact shade?
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2011, 05:17 PM   #2
richb811
Rep
Drives: 2020 G20 330i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozinaldo View Post
When I was looking at the pictures of the 1M that IND prepared I thought the HR wheels look great basically because of the paint finish on them. Then, I remembered a BMW wheel that I admired at the time, the E39 M5's style 65 "shadow line" wheels, here there is a link with photos:

http://www.e39m5.net/style-65-e39-m5-alloy-wheels

This paint I think is the exact finish that I would like to see on my VO 1M's stock wheels. Anyone here has an idea, can I just go and ask a BMW service or a speciality shop to paint my wheels on this exact shade?
That's a gunmetal grey finish.

I highly recommend POWDER COATING the wheels instead of painting them. The paint will not last very long and is very prone to chipping. Powder coating will last a lot longer and will stand up to chips, dent's and dings a lot better.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2011, 07:39 PM   #3
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Thanks for the info. I appreciate.
Appreciate 0