F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > 3 and 4 Series Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum (and European Delivery) > Placed 335i M-Sport Order
Extreme Powerhouse

12-10-2011, 06:26 PM   #1
Cx35i
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW

Placed 335i M-Sport Order

Just put a deposit down on a 335i M-Sport (w/o specific pricing). Not a lot of info available from the dealer, though they were of the belief that production may be pushed forward (they suggested their order bank was growing faster than expected for all lines, M-Sport included).

I'd like to go xDrive (I live in NE), but I'm guessing that M-Sport will go into production meaningfully earlier than any line with xDrive. In fact, I'd be willing to guess that if sales are better than expected, xDrive will be the first thing to be delayed.

I'll update as info comes in.

[edit: add image]

Last edited by Cx35i; 12-11-2011 at 06:50 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2011, 11:24 AM   #2
Jason
Administrator
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Congrats!! Can't wait to start seeing Estoril Blue II on the roads.
Subscribe to Bimmerpost Youtube Channel
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2011, 02:26 PM   #3
bmrm396
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3cs

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmilligan View Post
Just put a deposit down on a 335i M-Sport (w/o specific pricing). Not a lot of info available from the dealer, though they were of the belief that production may be pushed forward (they suggested their order bank was growing faster than expected for all lines, M-Sport included).

I'd like to go xDrive (I live in NE), but I'm guessing that M-Sport will go into production meaningfully earlier than any line with xDrive. In fact, I'd be willing to guess that if sales are better than expected, xDrive will be the first thing to be delayed.

Ya and hook us up w all the info you can when ya get it ... cant wait to place my Msport order for ED!
      12-13-2011, 03:31 PM   #4
southlight
Moderator / European Editor
Rep
Drives: X3M

Quote:

Congrats, it'll be a stunner!

As to xDrive, it should be available in time for the M Sport as current information suggests that both will be introduced from July 2012 production on.

Best regards,
south

JOIN THE 6MT CLUB GROUP
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2011, 06:23 PM   #5
Zirenz2006
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Comp IOMG

I'm in RI also. Did you use Inskip or Newport?
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2011, 09:31 PM   #6
Cx35i
Private
Rep

Neither - I recently moved from the Westerly area to NYC. I placed my order (deposit, really) with BMW of Manhattan. I have worked with InSkip in the past and while I found them pleasant, I ultimately ordered my X3 from another dealer (better pricing by about $1k on my X3). Have you purchased/leased from Newport or InSkip?

On the topic of dealers, has anyone worked with BMW of Manhattan in the past? My CA, while attentive, didn't seem to know much about F30 (which was unnerving, if not annoying).

Separately, I'm still on the fence about xDrive. While I know it's practical (and I do spend a small amount of time driving around NE), I can count on my hands the number of instances that I would have really been put out by not having all-wheel drive.

So for the moment; the near 50/50 weight distribution, ~200lb weight savings, lack of an obvious need and few extra $k to spend on options have me in the order bank with a 335i. That said, I could be convinced to switch xDrive, any advice is appreciated!

Either way, I'm pumped.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2011, 12:14 AM   #7
matt_435xi
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Perfomance Model 3

Garage List
Quote:
Neither - I recently moved from the Westerly area to NYC. I placed my order (deposit, really) with BMW of Manhattan. I have worked with InSkip in the past and while I found them pleasant, I ultimately ordered my X3 from another dealer (better pricing by about $1k on my X3). Have you purchased/leased from Newport or InSkip?

On the topic of dealers, has anyone worked with BMW of Manhattan in the past? My CA, while attentive, didn't seem to know much about F30 (which was unnerving, if not annoying).

Separately, I'm still on the fence about xDrive. While I know it's practical (and I do spend a small amount of time driving around NE), I can count on my hands the number of instances that I would have really been put out by not having all-wheel drive.

So for the moment; the near 50/50 weight distribution, ~200lb weight savings, lack of an obvious need and few extra $k to spend on options have me in the order bank with a 335i. That said, I could be convinced to switch xDrive, any advice is appreciated!

Either way, I'm pumped.
can i assume you are trading in your X3 for the 335i M?

*RETIRED* 2015 435xi GC [f36] | 2012 335i [f30] | 2009 z4 35i [e89] | 2007 335i coupe [e92] | 2001 325Ci [e46] *RETIRED*
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2011, 09:43 PM   #8
Cx35i
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt_335Ci View Post
can i assume you are trading in your X3 for the 335i M?
That's the plan. I really want to like the X3 more than I do; it's practical, sort of fun to drive, not bad to look at...but I feel like a $50k car should be more exciting (or rather, excite me more). I think I swung too far towards practicality (to the point that I may have been better served leasing a CRV). The X3 is my first SUV, first auto trans and first car that is larger than those of my friends (i.e. I end up being the transport of choice). Suffice to say that the 335i M is the car I should have gotten, but ultimately talked myself out of. Probably an expensive mistake - we'll see.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2011, 09:56 PM   #9
matt_435xi
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Perfomance Model 3

Garage List
Quote:
That's the plan. I really want to like the X3 more than I do; it's practical, sort of fun to drive, not bad to look at...but I feel like a $50k car should be more exciting (or rather, excite me more). I think I swung too far towards practicality (to the point that I may have been better served leasing a CRV). The X3 is my first SUV, first auto trans and first car that is larger than those of my friends (i.e. I end up being the transport of choice). Suffice to say that the 335i M is the car I should have gotten, but ultimately talked myself out of. Probably an expensive mistake - we'll see.
yeah, trading in a 1yr old X3 is gonna hurt...but if you got a good job its only money. enjoy and keep us posted!

*RETIRED* 2015 435xi GC [f36] | 2012 335i [f30] | 2009 z4 35i [e89] | 2007 335i coupe [e92] | 2001 325Ci [e46] *RETIRED*
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2011, 04:53 PM   #10
Cx35i
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt_335Ci View Post
yeah, trading in a 1yr old X3 is gonna hurt...but if you got a good job its only money. enjoy and keep us posted!
Thanks... and we'll see, I leased the X3 for slightly over invoice and made a significant down payment. At minimum, I probably prepaid some of the pain. I'm also thinking ED might help soften the blow. Either way, it'll be worth it.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2011, 05:15 PM   #11
jje227
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i M-Sport

Quote:

Either way, I'm pumped.
I personally feel you're better off sticking with the 100% rwd for the Better performance 98% of the year. And I also feel you're far better off with dedicated winter sport tires for your rwd, vs getting xdrive. And it's a cheaper option than xdrive. My rwd 330i with winter performance tires runs circles in the snow around my wife's awd x3 that doesn't have winter tires.
      12-18-2011, 04:28 PM   #12
Cx35i
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jje227 View Post
I personally feel you're better off sticking with the 100% rwd for the Better performance 98% of the year. And I also feel you're far better off with dedicated winter sport tires for your rwd, vs getting xdrive. And it's a cheaper option than xdrive. My rwd 330i with winter performance tires runs circles in the snow around my wife's awd x3 that doesn't have winter tires.
Interesting - I think a set of snows makes sense to the extent I can get something other than square, all-season run flats on the M-Sport . Has BMW confirmed the wheel/tire set ups for the M-Sport (particularly the 335i)?
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2011, 04:30 PM   #13
FstopBMW
F-series Mastermind
United_States
Rep
Drives: 12' F30 M-sport

definitely exciting! I'm gonna call BMW tomorrow to get more info on the Msport! Congrats!
      12-22-2011, 08:04 PM   #14
MickeyM3
Private
Rep
Drives: E30 325is, R1200RT, F30 335

I ordered a 335 today but dealer indicated they wouldn't take M-Sport orders yet. They were able to pull up more information; however, so if anyone has questions (other than pricing which I would guess to be close to the E9X price differential) then I'd suggest they contact their dealer since today is the first time they've seen it.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2011, 09:03 PM   #15
SD ///M4
///Multiple
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Coupe | M3 | Z4M Roadster

Garage List
What options or are you holding off until pricing is available?

Appreciate 0
      12-22-2011, 09:53 PM   #16
Cx35i
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD 335is View Post
What options or are you holding off until pricing is available?
Can't speak for MickeyM3, but I didn't even discuss options (though I'm leaning towards ZMT, ZTP, ZPP, ZCW in addition to M-Sport as well as stand alone options, 2VL, SPK, 3AG and 6NR). Given that I'm >4m away from a something that resembles production status, my CA and I agreed to discuss as more information comes in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyM3 View Post
I ordered a 335 today but dealer indicated they wouldn't take M-Sport orders yet. They were able to pull up more information; however, so if anyone has questions (other than pricing which I would guess to be close to the E9X price differential) then I'd suggest they contact their dealer since today is the first time they've seen it.
As for placing an order - if you're considering ED or PD... give BMW of Manhattan (owned by BMW NA) a call, they'll accept your M-Sport order.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2011, 01:40 AM   #17
e90Stance
Rep
Drives: 2007 honda civic si

so what happens if you place an order and the dealership you place the oder with can't work out a deal you want on pricing? (Ex. you want $500 over invoice but they won't go below msrp because the car is so new)
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2011, 09:30 AM   #18
justinnum1
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2018 330i Msport 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90Stance View Post
so what happens if you place an order and the dealership you place the oder with can't work out a deal you want on pricing? (Ex. you want $500 over invoice but they won't go below msrp because the car is so new)
your fucked

im telling my dealer i want 2k off msrp
      12-30-2011, 10:21 AM   #19
e90Stance
Rep
Drives: 2007 honda civic si

Quote:

[edit: add image]
how much of a deposit did they need if you don't mind me asking?
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2012, 06:36 AM   #20
Cx35i
Private
Rep

I put down $1k - but I think they would have been fine with $500.

That said...given the incentives currently being offered on remaining 2011s, this past week I picked up a Black Saphire Metallic 335i with the following (apologies for the caps, I them copied from the build sheet).

PREMIUM PKG
M SPORT PKG
PERFORMANCE EDITION PKG
COLD WEATHER PKG
COMFORT ACCESS
DVD-BASED NAVIGATION SYSTEM
HARMON KARDON SURROUND SOUND
SMARTPHONE INTEGRATION
BMW APPS
SATELLITE RADIO
IPOD & USB ADAPTER
M TRUNK LIP SPOILER

I got the 335i just above dealer cost (meaningfully below invoice) which helped to offset the few $K of negative equity in the X3.

Anyway - I'm eager to start seeing pics of everyone's 2012s roll in and can't wait for the 2014 M3!

Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2012, 10:37 PM   #21
SD ///M4
///Multiple
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Coupe | M3 | Z4M Roadster

Garage List
Quote:
I got the 335i just above dealer cost (meaningfully below invoice) which helped to offset the few $K of negative equity in the X3.
Care to share what you paid for it?

Appreciate 0
      01-06-2012, 03:53 PM   #22
darksilkx1
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Monthly Payment

Quote:
I put down $1k - but I think they would have been fine with $500.

That said...given the incentives currently being offered on remaining 2011s, this past week I picked up a Black Saphire Metallic 335i with the following (apologies for the caps, I them copied from the build sheet).

PREMIUM PKG
M SPORT PKG
PERFORMANCE EDITION PKG
COLD WEATHER PKG
COMFORT ACCESS
DVD-BASED NAVIGATION SYSTEM
HARMON KARDON SURROUND SOUND
SMARTPHONE INTEGRATION
BMW APPS
SATELLITE RADIO
IPOD & USB ADAPTER
M TRUNK LIP SPOILER

Anyway - I'm eager to start seeing pics of everyone's 2012s roll in and can't wait for the 2014 M3!

Good luck!
So does that mean you are no longer getting your F30?
Appreciate 0