E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > BMW LED angel eyes

12-13-2011, 04:16 PM   #1
Karlitohwang
Rep
Drives: LMB 335i msport

BMW LED angel eyes

I was shopping around to upgrade my current angel eyes and was debating between the Lux H8's, and the OSS designs. I asked my SA if BMW does any retrofits. Although they do not do retrofits. He quoted me 600 for removing the bumper, reprogramming, and install. I was wondering if anyone has tried this before. If you have could you give me some feedback on how the LED's are. Pictures would be helpful too.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2011, 06:20 PM   #2
rollinstone157
Brotographer
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlitohwang View Post
I was shopping around to upgrade my current angel eyes and was debating between the Lux H8's, and the OSS designs. I asked my SA if BMW does any retrofits. Although they do not do retrofits. He quoted me 600 for removing the bumper, reprogramming, and install. I was wondering if anyone has tried this before. If you have could you give me some feedback on how the LED's are. Pictures would be helpful too.
If you have the $$, do the OSS upgrade, it will be much brighter/more even than the LUX H8 V3's--the best PnP solution on the market. Not to discredit the LUX's mind you, they look amazing at night, but get washed out in sunlight, where the OSS rings won't have that problem, and the light distribution is going to be better on full LED rings, that's just the way it is. I don't know what reprogramming they have to do (they don't really have to do any for OSS AFAIK...), but that number seems absurd. You can remove the bumper + headlights yourself--come to think of it, you might not even need to take off the bumper to take off the headlights.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2011, 12:54 AM   #3
Karlitohwang
Rep

Bumper removal

Is there a DIY to remove the headlights without removing the bumper. Thanks for your input. I've been leaning towards the OSS's but just haven't decided to pull the trigger yet. I getting slowly addicted to modding this car.... >_<
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2011, 01:07 AM   #4
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep
Drives: C6 Z06, 09 335i, 10 335xi

You need to remove bumper or atleast remove a portion to remove headlights.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2011, 03:06 PM   #5
Karlitohwang
Rep

Removing Adaptive Headlights

I decided to move forward with getting the OSS LED lights and have begun how to research removing the bumper. I am wondering how complicated it was to remove the headlights after removing the bumper. I have the adaptive Bi-Xenons and have heard of errors when unplugging the cables when wheels are facing forward. Any insights/DIYs for removing headlights? I was looking at forum and couldn't find any DIY's for removing headlight cables.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2011, 03:16 PM   #6
rollinstone157
Brotographer
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335xi

Quote:
I decided to move forward with getting the OSS LED lights and have begun how to research removing the bumper. I am wondering how complicated it was to remove the headlights after removing the bumper. I have the adaptive Bi-Xenons and have heard of errors when unplugging the cables when wheels are facing forward. Any insights/DIYs for removing headlights? I was looking at forum and couldn't find any DIY's for removing headlight cables.

Thanks!
That sounds like an old wive's tale. Just make sure the light switch is in the off position, the car is, well, off, and then simply unscrew and unplug.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2011, 03:59 PM   #7
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep
Drives: C6 Z06, 09 335i, 10 335xi

Quote:

Thanks!
Removing the headlights and the bumper is not hard. Just remove all the bolts and they both come out.
See the DIY section. http://www.e90post.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=172
Appreciate 0