E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > Software Update

05-25-2007, 07:32 PM   #1
recruiter
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: 335i Montego Blue(manual)

Software Update

My car has been in for a software update as i was concerned i had a fuel pump issue and also my I drive was slow to react.
Since new the car, when cold to fully warmed up would surge or have power to no power without any alteration of my foot on the accelerator. This would happen only under gentle acceleration and of late when warmed up. So i was concerned as i had been able to manage the problem up until the car started the trait when fully warmed up.
I have completed just over 13000klms.
The dealer was happy to complete the update and the result is fantastic.
The car is smoother all the time including lower speeds in sixth gear.
The I drive update has also fixed the slow reaction time but the new colours will take awhile to get used to especially the nav screens blue.
I am pleased with the result ,took two days as expected and received a near new loaner at no cost.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2007, 11:56 PM   #2
CaptOz
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: Porsche 911 Carrera S

Quote:
Originally Posted by recruiter View Post
My car has been in for a software update as i was concerned i had a fuel pump issue and also my I drive was slow to react.
Since new the car, when cold to fully warmed up would surge or have power to no power without any alteration of my foot on the accelerator. This would happen only under gentle acceleration and of late when warmed up. So i was concerned as i had been able to manage the problem up until the car started the trait when fully warmed up.
I have completed just over 13000klms.
The dealer was happy to complete the update and the result is fantastic.
The car is smoother all the time including lower speeds in sixth gear.
The I drive update has also fixed the slow reaction time but the new colours will take awhile to get used to especially the nav screens blue.
I am pleased with the result ,took two days as expected and received a near new loaner at no cost.

Hi Recruiter. I am thinking of a software update too.

Do you have photos of the new colour?
Which dealer did it?

Cheers.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2007, 08:48 PM   #3
daninsyd
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

hmm, it's free i guess, will the upgrade affect anyone with a chip?
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2007, 11:46 PM   #4
graham999au
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: E92 335i Coupe

What version did you get upgraded to? 25.02.00?
2011 E92 335i M Sport Coupe/DCT/Black Sapphire/Oyster/Bamboo Grain/Sunroof/OEM Performance Exhaust/Individual Audio/Heated Seats/TV/Folding Mirrors/6FL iPod/6NF Extended Connectivity/Internet/ACS Roof spoiler/ACS Aluminium Peddles
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2007, 07:21 AM   #5
JamieA
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i

BMW only do software updates for free if you have a warranty issue that the update would fix, otherwise, you had better swipe the plastic