E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Front bumper lip cover? *not* looking for aero

02-10-2012, 01:47 AM   #1
theskunk
Private
Rep
Drives: none yet

Front bumper lip cover? *not* looking for aero

Hi guys,

I've a silver 335d m-sport and frankly I think it already looks amazing. I am, however, putting some serious mileage on my car and the road rash is starting to eat up the underside and the bottom lip of the front bumper.

Does anybody know of any type of painted cover to improve the aesthetics, and then have the ability to cover that with a film? The lower lip is already pretty scratched up all the way through to the black plastic, so i don't' think even a respray would really be helpful.

Any opinions would be greatly helpful!
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2012, 08:08 AM   #2
mashimarho
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: E92 M3 & F80 M3 & G82 M4

Garage List
Pics of current would help.
      02-10-2012, 09:30 AM   #3
theskunk
Private
Rep
Drives: none yet

I'll get some posted this afternoon. (while I install my JBD!!!)
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2012, 10:00 AM   #4
JDLM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i Sedan

I haven't ran across anything that you are mentioning

I used to work around a body shop when I was younger and I had people use rhino lining (a thin application on that part) and paint over it
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2012, 10:27 AM   #5
ChasVS
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 MB ML350 Bluetec

Quote:
Originally Posted by theskunk View Post
Hi guys,

I've a silver 335d m-sport and frankly I think it already looks amazing. I am, however, putting some serious mileage on my car and the road rash is starting to eat up the underside and the bottom lip of the front bumper.

Does anybody know of any type of painted cover to improve the aesthetics, and then have the ability to cover that with a film? The lower lip is already pretty scratched up all the way through to the black plastic, so i don't' think even a respray would really be helpful.

Any opinions would be greatly helpful!
What's causing the contact of the front with the road? I've only had minor contact when going down steep transitions, etc. and I have the Aero lip on it.