BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-14-2012, 06:32 AM   #1
Mad Dog
Registered
Rep
Drives: 130i M-Sport

Newbie 130i problem

Hi Guys and Girls

Apologies for my first post being a requrest for help/advice but i've tried searching on the net with no avail.

Yesterday my 130 developed a fault with what i think is the passenger side door sensor. When i'm driving the dash warning shows the door as open which in turn is causing problems with the central locking.

I have key less go, not sure of the correct term, but the doors open without clicking the remote. As such I now cannot lock the car as it thinks the passenger door is still open.

On driving away the doors will auto lock but i cannot operate the button between the central air vents to lock the doors although this is set in i-drive.

There was a post on here with a similar issue: http://www.babybmw.net/viewtopic.php...it=door+sensor but it was never resolved i guess.

Hope you can help?
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2012, 06:35 PM   #2
_Ryan_
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E87 130i

Garage List
2005 BMW 130i  [5.24]
You have "comfort access" from the sound of things. Or whatever it's called.

Most cars I've worked on(and I dont know why this would be any different!) can be adjusted for the hinge, and latch for each door. If you haven't done this before I would get a dealer or independent shop to take a look. Failing this get them to take a look at the sensor.

Does the warming go away if you hold the door closed?
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2012, 02:50 PM   #3
Kirst
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BSM e82 135i

Best bet is to get it looked at, sounds like the latching mechanism may need replacement, not too expensive
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2012, 05:16 AM   #4
smellthebeans
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: LPCs

Garage List
1990 325i  [0.00]
1st check your fuses and replace.

It may be the lock cylinder in the door common in the E90 series

An excessive amperage draw by one of the door lock actuators, which is commonly attributed to silicone contamination; or

An intermittent, but acceptable, amperage spike slightly above 15A, due to normal variation in the locking system.

Either of these can cause simlar problems.