E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Eibach Pro System... Looking for a Review

02-21-2012, 04:03 PM   #1
SEE90
Private
Rep
Drives: e90 328i sedan monaco blue

Eibach Pro System... Looking for a Review

Looking for someone who has had the EPK and Eibach Damper System for an extended period of time. I am curious as to how the dampers hold up over time. I have the non sport suspension and think this would be the perfect setup for me as I just want it to get into a larger wheel (stock 16s right now). There appear to be very few that have this setup on here but they seem happy with it initially.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2012, 09:57 PM   #2
Stucks
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F30 340i Xdrive

I got the eibach pro system installed on my car about a month ago. It rides nice over bumps during my daily commute, but its lower than stock sport height on my 335i, so it looks better too. Much better ride quality than the coilovers I was slammed on before. I'm pleased with it so far.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2012, 11:29 PM   #3
SEE90
Private
Rep

Would you say the suspension is stiffer than the OEM sport suspension or about the same with just a little more drop? I have spent a lot of time reviewing all of the different setups and the Eibach pro system seems to make the most sense because the shocks and springs are matched. A friend of mine has the FSD/Eibach kit and while I was riding with him we hit a small pothole and the suspension sounded like it exploded. There was no harm done but this was a small pothole. Also, I have read about the car losing composure with extra people/weight in the car. Both of those are unacceptable to me as a daily driver.

Ultimately I do not want to downgrade the suspension to lower quality shocks by getting the Eibach dampers. The quality of these should be better than OEM non sport shocks, right?
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2012, 08:24 AM   #4
Stucks
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F30 340i Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by euge1978 View Post
Would you say the suspension is stiffer than the OEM sport suspension or about the same with just a little more drop? I have spent a lot of time reviewing all of the different setups and the Eibach pro system seems to make the most sense because the shocks and springs are matched. A friend of mine has the FSD/Eibach kit and while I was riding with him we hit a small pothole and the suspension sounded like it exploded. There was no harm done but this was a small pothole. Also, I have read about the car losing composure with extra people/weight in the car. Both of those are unacceptable to me as a daily driver.

Ultimately I do not want to downgrade the suspension to lower quality shocks by getting the Eibach dampers. The quality of these should be better than OEM non sport shocks, right?
It is stiffer than the stock suspension, but the whole car doesnt crash over every little bump in the road like my coilovers did. The smaller bumps are absorbed pretty well, and it doesnt matter what suspension you have, if you hit a giant pothole of doom, you will feel it throughout the car. It is softer than my coilovers in turns though, The car doesnt feel as planted or handle as well. The difference here is that in mid turn, with the coilovers, if i hit a bump the traction control light would come on and ruin things. With the eibach suspension, that doesnt happen nearly as much, meaning it doesnt get unsettled by little bumps in the middle of turns as easily. In the two extremes of stock vs slammed on coilovers, I think the eibach pro system provides a nice medium, but leans a little towards the stock side. You might want to get sway bars and strut braces to help even more.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2012, 10:33 PM   #5
brocklanders
Major
Rep
Drives: the uno, mineral white

Garage List
06 325  [0.00]
i had the sport system plus, for over a year. the dampers were made by sachs and looked identical to stock sport. the ride was stock like as far as ridding over bumps, but the rebound was stiffer. i would choose the sport springs over the pro kit, in my experience the drop is not as drastic as advertised, i still had a gap in the wheelwell with 18" wheels. here is a photo. also i never had rubbing even with the aggressive offsets on the wheels.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-22-2012, 10:46 PM   #6
SEE90
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by brocklanders
i had the sport system plus, for over a year. the dampers were made by sachs and looked identical to stock sport. the ride was stock like as far as ridding over bumps, but the rebound was stiffer. i would choose the sport springs over the pro kit, in my experience the drop is not as drastic as advertised, i still had a gap in the wheelwell with 18" wheels. here is a photo. also i never had rubbing even with the aggressive offsets on the wheels.
That looks good. I like the fact that the ride is stock like. The cost of the EPS is very low in comparison to other options. My main concern was the quality of the shocks and do not want to purchase lower quality than the OEM. It seems like these are very comparable in build quality to OEM non sport. Probably going to be the route I take. If those are not sports on your car the EPK springs are low enough for me.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2012, 11:02 PM   #7
brocklanders
Major
Rep
Drives: the uno, mineral white

Garage List
06 325  [0.00]
they are sportlines, not pro kit. i would choose the sportlines because the drop is very similar, even though eibach claims it is not. i got about an inch all around over stock sport, so if you dont have sport package then you will get about an inch and a half. but the sportlines have higher spring rates, as for the pro dampers they are made by sachs who also makes the stock dampers so they are oem quality. also a plus about either set is that you can buy the dampers separately, there is no other set ive seen that sell them separately. i like to change the shocks on my car every 50k miles or so.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2012, 09:52 AM   #8
tr3flip
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 | E91 | Acura TSX

Quote:
Originally Posted by brocklanders View Post
What he said. Eibach and BMW both use Sachs for their dampers so the quality is the same with each damper being engineered to work with the appropriate springs.

Tire Rack also did a very good review here:
http://www.tirerack.com/suspension/t..._rd_2010_v.jsp
Appreciate 0