Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > need help with sizes 335 xi...........

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

06-08-2007, 02:15 PM   #1
JayML
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ....

need help with sizes 335 xi...........

I would like to get the M6 replica wheels but i am not sure what the best path is

i will be putting a coilover on the car, so the rear will be low. not slammed low but most likely no finger gap in the rear

because i have the awd version , i cannot go with a 235f / 265 r as the tire sizes dont match

i need to go with a 235f / 275 r. i dont want to have any rubbing issues at all. i mean never. i want to pile in 8 of my closest friends and not have to worry i will rub.

if i get a 275 rear with a 19/9.5 40 mm offset, will i rub? as the 40 mm offset is ok but i am going with a 275 instead of a 265

OR i have another option:

19/8.5 for the fronts and rears. 38mm front offset and i believe i can get these in a 20 mm as well for the rears. i am concerned about this setup that my rears will not stick out as much as they should, as i have no idea how they will look if i get them. will i need spacers for the rears? as i dont want to use them unless i have to

im trying to do my homework before i buy. any help will be appreciated
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2007, 02:31 PM   #2
Kev
Critical Care Anesthesiologist
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: SMB F83

Garage List
Worse case, you just need to roll your fenders. The sedan has a wider wheel well than the coupe so it should be ok even if you run 275s. Just make sure you use tires that has a more rounded side profile. If you like the M6 reps, go for the staggered look!
      06-10-2007, 11:43 AM   #3
JayML
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ....

will putting on a 275 rear tire wiht a 19x9.5 40 mm offset have the same effect as having a 265 rear with a 19x9.5 30 mm?

because the car will be lowered im trying to avoid the problems some are having with a 265 rear with a 19x9.5 30 mm offset when lowered

because i need to go with a 275 in the rear as the car is an xi, im wondering if its pretty much the exact same effect, or will i have a little more room going with a 275 rear with a 40 mm offset

i just cant decide between this setup and getting a 8.5 rear with a spacer
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2007, 01:34 PM   #4
Kev
Critical Care Anesthesiologist
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: SMB F83

Garage List
The spacer has nothing to do with the overall diameter of your tire / wheel. It only adds lateral spacing (increase brake caliper clearance and push your wheel towards the fenders more).