E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > KW V3 + RE-11's getting installed Thursday

03-17-2012, 06:43 PM   #1
sA x sKy
Sameet
Bangladesh
Rep
Drives: AY/B M4 '15

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
KW V3 + RE-11's getting installed Thursday

*Had to post on this section since the xDrive section is basically deserted..so mods, you can delete that thread if it clutters the forum too much*

I bought a used set of KW V3's 4 months ago from a friend for..lets say I pretty much robbed him. The KW's had a problem with the squeaking and I had them sent to KW a week after I bought them. 4 months later, and I'm supposed to get them back this Wednesday. Adam, the lab manager or whatever at KW, had his tech retrofit 2012 parts into my 2007 version so hopefully I don't experience any of that squeakiness with the updated design.

I've been running with my stock RFT's as well since I got my car in November of 2010 so I have no idea what a BMW drives like without RFT's..hence my purchase of the Bridgestone RE-11's.

Both the V3's and RE-11's are getting installed this Thursday. Honestly, I have no idea what to expect but one thing is for sure, is that I'm very, very excited. I haven't had an alignment in 10 months and whenever I come to a rough road, my steering wheel goes all over the place..speeds past 75 feel floaty..and when I start breaking to a stop light, my steering wheel sways towards the right and I have to put effort to keep it straight. I'm at 15700ish miles.

I went 235/40/18 in front and 245/35/18 in back with my stock M-Sport wheels.

So exactly what should I be expecting when everything gets installed? When the KW's get installed, I'll be doing the rake look and I want the settings to be just stiff enough for exceptional street handling.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2012, 10:10 PM   #2
sA x sKy
Sameet
Bangladesh
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
59 views and no insight? whatttttttt
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2012, 03:53 AM   #3
kevin@bavarianx
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36 M3

Get an alignment as soon as you can. Since you have used coilovers the springs should be settled. The alignment will cure your braking and wheel tracking issues.

RE-11 is a great dual purpose tire for the street and track abuse.

As for the settings I can't really give you any suggestions as everyone is different when it comes to adjusting the rebound and dampening.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2012, 03:57 PM   #4
sA x sKy
Sameet
Bangladesh
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin@bavarianx View Post
Get an alignment as soon as you can. Since you have used coilovers the springs should be settled. The alignment will cure your braking and wheel tracking issues.

RE-11 is a great dual purpose tire for the street and track abuse.

As for the settings I can't really give you any suggestions as everyone is different when it comes to adjusting the rebound and dampening.
The alignment will be done the same day the tires and KW's go on

Everything is being done for roughly $475 which isn't that bad I think.
Appreciate 0